mtbr member
    Dec 2008

opinions on new fork for '09 EX9???

I'm just wondering if anyone has tested it....tried to look at it on Fox's website....they don't even list it?? I know that it was "made for Trek" but I thought that Fox would still have something written about it....no luck. I'm trying to decide if I want to purchase the '08 or go for the new '09 and the fork is the only major change that I don't know if I'll like...what did you guys that have tested it think??

Thanks
    XC

mtbr member
    i changed the fox for a 2009 sid team, for racing. it is like .8 of a pund lighter

mtbr member
    The fork that comes stock is a 2009 Fox Float RP24. It's an awesome new design with a propedal incorporated into the front fork. Don't judge it until you try it. I loved it in that it's super smooth through the transition. The fork is set at 130mm of travel and changing that may alter the geometry of the frame. I do miss the travel adjustment on the Talas forks.

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Thanks for the info...how would you compare it to the Talas as far as over all performance? Adjust ability/ ride tuning?
    Thanks,
    XC

mtbr member
    Again, you can't adjust the travel but you have propedal feature in the fork that makes it extremely efficient when climbing and descending. Fox Forks will always feeling super smooth no matter which fork you get. You cannot beat them with anything out there. Fox for life.

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    I guess I'll just have test on myself...not sure I would like the "propedal" front fork....I have tried specialized's "brain"....and I was NOT a fan...we'll see I guess.

Members who have read this thread: 0