mtbr member
    Dec 2005

Older Trek 6000...any good?

I've been saving up over the last month to buy a new MTB but have also been watching on craigslist for any deals. Today i think i might have found one but I am not sure and need some help. The bike is being sold for $200

TREK 6000 ALUMINUM MOUNTAIN BIKE
    W/ ROCK SHOCK JETT FRONT SUSPENSION 24 SPEED

This Trek all Aluminum frame is a high-end mountain bike with Shimano components. Has been ridden lightly over the past couple years and remains in excellent condition! Size X-Large 21.5 frame Red & Black paint is still nice. Has shimano cranks and LX derailleur, 8 speed shifters and high quality V-brakes. Brakes are very smooth. Brand new seat, has Bontrager wheelset. The all aluminum frame makes this bike lightweight and easy to ride. The front shock is a Rock Shock Jett mountain fork suspension.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Definitely depends on the overall condition of the bike. Hard to tell with a photograph but I would say it's looks worth it for sure! Those old Trek hardtails were really solid bikes for the money and, aside from possibly needing a tune up or something it should still be a pretty good riding bike now.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    ahhh....thanks for the help but the frame's to big for me i need more of 19.5"

Team Captain
    Jan 2004
    Don't sacrifice on size just because the price is right. You're better off checking your local dealer for any 07 models to see if they've got something that will fit you properly.

mtbr member
    Also, I think some of the Jett forks were recalled.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    okay...I'll make my way down to the lbs and see. thanks for the help guys.

on the path most traveled
    You'll find another deal like that soon. Just the other day I saw a very nice cond. 19.5" 6500 on craigs for $250. People are always dumping their bikes for some quick cash.