mtbr member
    Aug 2004

Older Klein Headsets

Hello there, I have recently aquired a 1999 Klein Mantra Race ( the ones with the oversized headtubes). Half of the headset is missing and I was wondering if anyone had any Ideas of where to find the oversized headsets (to work with the original fork) or if anyone knows where to get the correct size headset adaptor ( to use with a regular size fork).

If anyone has any info please let me know, I just want to ride the bike!!

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by T_Bag
    Hello there, I have recently aquired a 1999 Klein Mantra Race ( the ones with the oversized headtubes). Half of the headset is missing and I was wondering if anyone had any Ideas of where to find the oversized headsets (to work with the original fork) or if anyone knows where to get the correct size headset adaptor ( to use with a regular size fork).

Try Slough's Bike Shop in San Jose, CA. Its a funky little shop with weird hours, but the guy has a ton of old-school Kleins, he probably has what you need.

Ty
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by T_Bag

1999 Mantra/Adroits headsets are made up of two bearings (both pressed in from the bottom of the headtube) a collar thing and a set of spacers and that's it!

I have one of these 1999 headsets, and can send it to you if you would like, no charge.

if interested email me at leewilsonwolfe@hotmail.com

you can also get a Klein >> 1.1/8 (normal sized) fork headset from http://www.reset-racing.com/

cheers

Ty