Thread: New ride

Double-metric mtb man

New ride

Hey all,

Just thought I would chirp in that I picked up the my new '06 Cake 2 DLX tonight. What a sweet bike it is! In fact, I may have made a convert of one of the mechanics (he went for a test ride after giving the bike a once over and doing the final adjustments). He had tried to sell me on another brand...but I think the Cake made him eat his words...sweet

I'm in the process of adding all my "junk" to it tonight (lights, computer, trail side repair kit, water bottle cage and so forth) to allow the bike to be the all weather, all time, all purpose bike I need it to be. It is the only bike in the stable, so unfortunately it gets saddled with the "junk." Hey, at least I'm not trying to throw panniers and a rack on the thing!

It's a bit of a pitty to hide such graceful lines under all my clutter, but I'm not loading it up too badly...probably be about 31lbs when I'm done and that's a nice improvement over the 34lbs my hardtail was with all the same gear. I'll have to see about tossing some pics up here when I've got it done.

Have a great one all...we'll see you on the trails
    As if four times wasn't enough-> Psycho Mike's 2013 Ride to Conquer Cancer Page

Moran? Let your opinion be free -> F88me

Double-metric mtb man
    Ok, just about there with the junk....been putting some miles on 'er trying to get the cables stretched, pads worked in and so forth....

Pics coming soon, I promise
    As if four times wasn't enough-> Psycho Mike's 2013 Ride to Conquer Cancer Page

Moran? Let your opinion be free -> F88me