mtbr member

New GF rider here w/new (used) Sugar 4

I've been looking for a new mountain bike and thought i would give a GF a try. I bought this used sugar 4 from ebay for $960.00. I do not know much about this bike, but like the looks and have read good reviews about it. Did i pay too much for this bike that has not been off road and has only 5 miles on? What do you think?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Smw72; 04-29-2006 at 06:00 AM. Reason: Removed link

Work Hard, Play Harder
    Looks to me like ya got a pretty good deal man. I just can never figure out why these people buy a bike, put 5 miles on it, then sell it. Very strange. But their loss is our gain i guess. Good luck with your new ride man.
    06 Rocky Mountain ETSX - Full XTR, Fox Shox, Crossmax XL Wheels

mtbr member
    Looks like a sweetheart bike.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    looks like a 2003 with some blingin thompson post and stem and a upgraded drive train and brakes. I sold my 2002 sugar 4+ for 700 last summer, similar spec,but it had a lot more miles, but still looked pretty new and I threw in an extra rear shock and a few other parts. I'd say you got a pretty good deal overall. It's a sweet bike, I hope you enjoy it and ride it like how it's supposed to be ridden!

mtbr member
    May 2005
    i have always worried that ebay would be a great place to sell stolen bikes

anyway, based on the components it looks like you got yourself a good deal
    clunger

Work Hard, Play Harder
    Quote Originally Posted by clunger
    i have always worried that ebay would be a great place to sell stolen bikes

anyway, based on the components it looks like you got yourself a good deal

I forget what the exact percentage is, but they say like 50 or 60% of the items for sale on ebay are stolen merchandise. Who knows how true that is, but I can see that being possible.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice25gt
    I forget what the exact percentage is, but they say like 50 or 60% of the items for sale on ebay are stolen merchandise. Who knows how true that is, but I can see that being possible.
    I cant beleive 50%. I am sure that some stuff on there is "hot" but really hope it is far less then 1/2.

mtbr member
    Good looking bike. Enjoy it and post pics when its not so clean!!

Work Hard, Play Harder
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear Jack
    I cant beleive 50%. I am sure that some stuff on there is "hot" but really hope it is far less then 1/2.
    I would hope so too but who knows. I can't remember where I even heard that information, and I guess there is no way to find out how true it is. Either way though, tons of stolen merchandise gets pushed thru ebay every day. My brother bought a body kit for his car off ebay, and 6 months later he was contacted by the police because they found out the seller was using ebay to push his stolen items. At least if ya happen to buy something that's stolen, you're not held liable.