mtbr member
    Jun 2007

New fork for Liquid 10?

I have been considering (and going for demo rides) buying a new bike. However, an odd thing happened. With the exception of the front fork I'm pretty impressed with how my old beater still rides. I am not super agressive more of a harder xc rider. Anybody have any fork suggestions? Or advice or things I should be thinking about or considering? I was hoping to do it in the $200 to $350 range. I'd like a new fork but it doesn't have to be this years model.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Spend the money and get a fox talas RLC , Repeat spend the $ on a good fork. My physlo came off and I have never regretted a penny spent on the good fork.
    Jimmy B

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

I would not spend the money on that bike...

and I am saying that from a practical point of view. Also, I had a Liquid 10, with 2 different rear shocks, and switched to the 05 rear end, which made a huge difference in the ride quality. It was a fun bike for 3 years, then I did what you did... I went for a test ride...on a Giant Reign. Holy crap- what a difference! Rode that for a year, and decided I did not need that much rear suspension, so switched to a Giant Anthem, set up for heavy XC use, not racing. It is lighter, super- fast, super-responsive, and probably more comfortable than the 03/04 Liquids for XC use, even though it only has 3.5" of travel- but it is an amazing 3.5" of travel. Got the whole bike, an '06, on closeout for $999. Not trying to be a hardass, but, if you had a Liquid with the 05 rear end/ Manitou Swinger rear shock, I might say upgrade the fork, otherwise, look for a better bike on closeout.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by dumper; 06-26-2007 at 12:46 AM.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy B
    Spend the money and get a fox talas RLC , Repeat spend the $ on a good fork. My physlo came off and I have never regretted a penny spent on the good fork.
    Jimmy B

This is exactly what I did. The TALAS especially will change everything for you. The psylo is like a pogo stick.

I'd recommend getting and older fork to save money rather than a cheaper one that was made this year. Lotta good '05 forks out there. Good luck.

banned

'04/'05 Z1 Fr Sl 130

I've a '04 liquid 55 w/ a '05 Marz z1 FR SL and love it. Dual air, 130mm travel , ECC5 lock-out and pretty light - you can't go wrong.
    Last edited by eauxgod; 07-12-2007 at 10:20 AM.