Thread: New BIKE!!

mtbr member
    May 2007

New BIKE!!

well kinda. Order from another ebayer.

I am a big time roadie and have been wanting to get into MTB. However I know how I am with bikes and once I get into something I usually go all out. When I started Road biking, I change like 2-3 times before settling on my current rig (cervelo) - now w/ MTB my wife didn't want to go thru that again so she told me to get the best I could afford ( I can't afford much but thats what credit is for right?) so I sold some stuff on ebay and charged the rest. and jumped into a Trek.

I went to local LBS and rode a fuel ex8 ($2200) and a specialized stumpy ($2200) both entry level full suspension bikes. but after doing research I found in the MTB world you can get alot of bang for your buck. So once I realized i like the feel of the trek more I started looking on ebay. I really like the fuel98 and the top fuels but they were bucks! then I saw this and had to pull the trigger. It's spec'ed much better than the stuff I was looking at at the LBS and overall seemed like a great package ( after looking up every single part ). I would love being able to buy this bike from the local LBS ($4400!) but I just couldn't afford it and had to do whats best for me. at the end of the day they will still have a job.

2006 trek ex 9.5 carbon -

I think this should be more than enuff bike for me! and cost less than the other bikes from the LBS.

I tried to go buy a MTB for my wife (try to support the local LBS) from the LBS but they didn't have her size. Bummer.. back to the bay i guess.

tete

mtbr member
    Ride hard, that thing is sweet.
    My religion is simple. My religion is kindness. - Dali Lama

mtbr member
    Beauty.. I have a 2007 Fuel EX8 and I love the thing.... it rides like a dream.
    2013 Cannondale F29 2
    2013 Giant Seek 0
    2010 Specialized SX Trail
    2009 Cannondale Rize 4