mtbr member

My custom Carbon Remedy build process!!!

I picked Remedy 2011 9.7 frame up at a great price with intent to sell it and make a profit! I have never owned a Trek so im deciding to give it a shot! I had Nomads for 4 years including my last carbon version that I have since sold! I currently ride a Yeti ASR-7 that I absolutely love! I have more fun on that bike than I did my NomadC! Lets hope this Trek Remedy gives the 7 a run for its money! The 7 will be built as a more FR/DH bike now!

The Remedy frame had some blemishes when I got it so I decided to have a friend paint it and install a new seal kit! I also do not like the stock DRCV shock so im doing a custom fit Fox Kash CTD shock in 7.875x2.25! I simply want to try one of these shocks! Here are a few sneak peek pics of before and after I got it back from paint with new 2x10 XO carbon cranks! [IMG]rem1.jpg[/IMG][IMG]rem2.jpg[/IMG][IMG]rem3.jpg[/IMG][IMG]rem4.jpg[/IMG]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My custom Carbon Remedy build process!!!-rem1.jpg  

My custom Carbon Remedy build process!!!-rem2.jpg  

My custom Carbon Remedy build process!!!-rem3.jpg  

My custom Carbon Remedy build process!!!-rem4.jpg  

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    looks like a nice project. I am actually in the process of a project with mine making it into more of a All-Mountain bike as these seem to be more aggressive trail then all mountain. Currently have 780 answer DH bars, chromag 50mm stem, sram x9 2x10 crankset, avid X0 brakeset.

looking to get a bombproof wheelset, possibly rockshox lyrik fork or fox 36 but I dont know if its worth voiding the frame warranty, and dropper post when they finally make a long term lasting post and some actual grippy pedals!

Mountain biking is the best and most expensive hobby
    2011 Trek Remedy 7

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rmunoz View Post
    looks like a nice project. I am actually in the process of a project with mine making it into more of a All-Mountain bike as these seem to be more aggressive trail then all mountain. Currently have 780 answer DH bars, chromag 50mm stem, sram x9 2x10 crankset, avid X0 brakeset.

looking to get a bombproof wheelset, possibly rockshox lyrik fork or fox 36 but I dont know if its worth voiding the frame warranty, and dropper post when they finally make a long term lasting post and some actual grippy pedals!

Mountain biking is the best and most expensive hobby

Thats a lot like I have mine Remedy set up. 50mm Renthal stem and 780 Renthal bars (cut down to 750), XTR 2x10 (36/28, 11-36), and XTR trail wheels. Reverb post (sucks) and Blackspire pedals. I love it. It climbs great, descends great and just rips up flowy singletrack. Its a real all around bike.

mtbr member
    Thanks! Updated pic! Havoc carbon bars and 50mm havoc stem, great combo! Straitline amp flats with longer set screws installed! Cant wait!!! @Rmunoz, you might be waiting forever for that post! My i950 sticks and doesnt rebound on its own, but it still beats getting off the bike to adjust![IMG]remedy5.jpg[/IMG]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My custom Carbon Remedy build process!!!-remedy5.jpg  

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    @SocalMX, yeah I heard kindshock is a good brand but I guess your right I hate always getting off the bike. So is that a Fox 36 fork? let me know how that works out I just dont know if I want to risk voiding the frame warranty for one or if the added stifness is worth it
    2011 Trek Remedy 7

mtbr member
    First ride and im lovin it! I had no shifters on at this time so I mainly rode it DH! Loving this CTD rear shock and the ABP rear end really stays planted! My next step is to get a alternate 650b wheelset! @Rmunoz the 36 is great! I will never ride anything less![IMG]trek5.jpg[/IMG][IMG]trek2.jpg[/IMG][IMG]trek1.jpg[/IMG][IMG]trek4.jpg[/IMG][IMG]trek3.jpg[/IMG]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My custom Carbon Remedy build process!!!-trek5.jpg  

My custom Carbon Remedy build process!!!-trek2.jpg  

My custom Carbon Remedy build process!!!-trek1.jpg  

My custom Carbon Remedy build process!!!-trek4.jpg  

My custom Carbon Remedy build process!!!-trek3.jpg  

mtbr member
    Apr 2006

shock mounting hardware

Very nice build. What spacers and hardware did you use for the rear shock?

mtbr member
    Thanks its the RWC needle bearing kit # 39.88mm part number NBKRWC3988...And the Enduro bearing kit # part number 608 2RS MAX 8mm x 22mm x 7mm. These bearings will convert the 10mm bearing to 8mm. Only needed for the top, the bottom will use the stock hardware!

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Most of the shock eye movement is in the top. There will be hardly noticeable improvement with the RWC kit installed on the bottom. Is that why you only used it on the top?

Quote Originally Posted by socalMX View Post
    Thanks its the RWC needle bearing kit # 39.88mm part number NBKRWC3988...And the Enduro bearing kit # part number 608 2RS MAX 8mm x 22mm x 7mm. These bearings will convert the 10mm bearing to 8mm. Only needed for the top, the bottom will use the stock hardware!

mtbr member
    Somewhat, but mainly because the bottom stock hardware works and I didnt need to spend the extra money!

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    wait the RWC kit did you use that from the 10-11 conversion kit started by dhalsey ?

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    also what size fork is that?

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    That appears to be a Fox 36 160mm.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Why are you selling already?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mtb-ripper View Post
    Why are you selling already?
    Fast fun bike for sure! I decided to build a FR bike and keep my ASR-7! This will fund the FR build!