mtbr member
    May 2006

In love again...

Well after waiting a veeeeery long 7 weeks for a replacement frame for my 2007 Fuel ex 9.5, I can now say that I am well and truly back in love with this bike. It rocks. I competed in a 100km off road race a few weeks back and the bike was a dream. Plush, fast, comfortable, reliable - all I could ask. The track was quite technical in parts and the Trek just ate it up in its stride. On the flats, the efficiency of the Fox setup and good frame geometry shone - the race finished with a near 10km road section and I could chew through quite a few riders by lowering and locking the Talas - I rode the whole race with the ProPedal on and it worked a treat. The bike is really fast and efficient. So far the new XTR has proven to be very slick.

It feels way faster than a 5" travel bike and I have no reservations racing this bike.

HillBilly.

You got any chocolate?
    Glad to hear you are back in the saddle. What tires did you use for your race? Just curious.
    Tom G.
    Long Island, NY

mtbr member
    May 2006
    I have the original Jones XR up front and on the back a Larsen TT - both tubeless. I find the Larsen rolls well and the Jones provides a bit of grip in the turns.

Cheers

HillBilly.