Thread: Liquid 25?

mtbr member
    Mar 2006

Liquid 25?

Anyone have experience with the Liquid 25? How do they hold up? Is $1299 a good deal on a new one?

mtbr member
    I have a 25 and it's a better bike than I'm a rider. The LBS here had one for $1799, I think it was, and it didn't last long. I got mine for $1500 from a guy who never rode it off a paved path. I'm pleased with it.
    I'm not broke but you can see the cracks.

Rick’s Law Of Biking...
    At least two uphills are required for every downhill.

Truth...
    I work to survive, I play to live.

Mind, Body, Spirit...,which one is keeping you from getting better?

more beers, lees gears.
    the liquid your lbs is an 05 model. $1299 isnt bad at all if it has the XT components. I think the 25's do.

I have a liquid 655 frame I got on ebay for $400 and i love it. It has been a great bike, with well over 600 miles on it so far. I even put 200 of those miles in on one weekend.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    I have had my 05 Liquid now for about 9 months. I have enjoyed every minute on it. $1299 is a sweet deal. For being around 32-33#s they climb extreemly well and the take downhills like a champ. The SPV suspension both front and back work great. Very little if any bob. The only negative comments I have about it would be chainslap. It can be a bit noisey sometimes over very rough terrain, and my rear shifter fell apart after 500 miles, but I was happy to upgrade those. Go for it esp. at $1299.

Full Monty Bike Bore
    Nov 2004
    I've a pal who's recently acquired a Liquid55 and he loves it. It's a stable and dependable ride, efficient with it's SPV bouncers, handles the ups as well as the downs and is giving him more and more confidence with each turn of the cranks. He came from a single pivot Marin TARA which was kinda stable, took much more effort to move and not as enjoyable overall. He's chuffed to bits with it.
    [SIZE="1"]Knobblies MTBing Blog

"Always carry a flagon of whisky in case of a snakebite, furthermore, always carry a snake" W.C.Fields[/SIZE]