mtbr member
    Mar 2005

Liqid 10 rear suspension

I've got a 2002 Liquid. I am considering / wondering if a new rear shock is available with a lock out or a more stable platform. I remember the size is a bit funky on the shock and that limits what fits. What I would like to do is get a firmer ride on the pavement / dirt road to make my commute easier. I have a commute that is 4 miles of pavement and 6 miles of singletrack but the pavement is killing me. I have tried setting up the Fox Talus that came with the bike many different ways and it is not satisfying me. Thanks

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Manitou Swinger 3-way air is the answer

to your situation. Can run high pressure in the SPV chamber for road rides, and lower pressure for comfort on off-road rides- but you would need to carry an SPV pump with you . MAnitou makes a special size for the Liquid. Also consider different tires- maybe ones with a center bead that can still be used off road. Its a compromise, but thats what its all about. Best would be to use this shock with the 05 rear end. Use the "search" function- we've been over this many times...

Theres a voice in my head
    Feb 2006
    I have been in a similar situation recently with my 2003 trek liquid. The rear Fox FloatR (Talas) was losing air as it hadnt been looked at for 2yrs and it had always been a little to active for my liking.

Well i priced up a fox float r with propedal, a Fox RP3 and whatever else i could find. I called out UK importers (MOJO) and discussed the shock. They can add propedal to the shock which kind of does away with the TALAS facility a little (Its still there, it just limits the benefits), but they can also custom tune the shock so it suits your weight and the style of bike.

I have done two rides on it since i got it serviced, tuned & propedalled and i must say i am well chuffed. No bob when road riding and i opens up enough on the small stuff to still be comfortable. The heavy hits take care of themselves.

Money well spent for me.

here is my bike

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

is "chuffed'...

good or bad? Sorry, haven't heard that one before!

mtbr member
    Chuffed ... Means very satisfied.

Theres a voice in my head
    Feb 2006
    Sorry, i havent posted very often on this site so i am not used to worrying about other peoples interpretations of phrases.

Yes chuffed would mean very sattisfied :-)

It did work out a little expensive but it was cheaper than a new shock and i was worried about buying a shock that didnt suit the bike.

I ride in the Lake district in the UK and tag along with a guy who posts on the Turner site (Proff). I rode his bike for a 30mls + ride last week and it just confirmed how good the liquid is. TBH there was nothing the Turner did better than my liquid does (Well not 3 times as good anyhow) and his is probably the highest spec bike you could wish for (Chris King everywhere).