Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 202627282930
Results 2,901 to 2,915 of 2915
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I'm 5'11 and looking at a deal on a 17.5. I know I would be better off on a 18.5 but this is the deal I'm looking at. I know using a longer stem would effect handling. I'm wondering if I could go a bit longer on a stem to get the fit but still have decent handling. Intended purpose is "fun" trail rides when not riding my Epic. I jump but not high or far. Don't do huge drops but love small to medium. Thoughts from Stache riders?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

mtbr member

Lets see your Stache official thread

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    ...Thoughts from Stache riders?
    You need to be looking at a larger size.

mtbr member
    Jun 2016
    I'm 5'11 and looking at a deal on a 17.5. I know I would be better off on a 18.5 but this is the deal I'm looking at. I know using a longer stem would effect handling. I'm wondering if I could go a bit longer on a stem to get the fit but still have decent handling. Intended purpose is "fun" trail rides when not riding my Epic. I jump but not high or far. Don't do huge drops but love small to medium. Thoughts from Stache riders?

you need a bigger bike.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaFACE View Post
    you need a bigger bike.
    Yessir, I hate it when I ask questions and I already know the answer. Just hate to pass up a great deal on something I want!

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Yessir, I hate it when I ask questions and I already know the answer. Just hate to pass up a great deal on something I want!

Here's another in case you have a moment of weakness. Definitely go bigger than the 17.5. I have always been perfect for Trek 18.5 frames, but found with my Stache 7 that I wish I had gone with a 19.5. I run a 60mm stem, and need a set-back post. I'd be SOL if I wanted a dropper on it. And I do so now I'm considering getting the new 9.7!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    LOL, thanks for the support! I have a hard time saying no to bikes.

R.I.P. DogFriend
    If you're too long/tall for a bike when seated, it will only get worse when you're descending off the saddle. Unless you have some very unusual proportions, I can't see a 17'5" Stache being right for a 5'11" rider.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Pass the deal along- lol. I'm looking for another 17.5

LOL, thanks for the support! I have a hard time saying no to bikes.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow poke View Post
    Pass the deal along- lol. I'm looking for another 17.5
    Where are you located?

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    San Antonio texas

Where are you located?

mtbr member
    Sep 2014

I'm 5'11 myself with a 31" inseam. I have a longer torso and longer arms vs my inseam, but I went with a 19.5" Stache 9. I swapped the stock 80mm stem out for a 60mm stem and it feels perfect for me. I tried an 18.5 aluminum and it felt a bit cramped, especially if you want to run a shorter stem. Personally I think the 17.5 is going to be too small. I know the 2016 carbon models have a slightly longer geometry, but if you're looking at the aluminum, I would pass on the deal and save the money for either an 18.5 or 19.5 (aluminum) with a shorter stem.

mtbr member
    Jun 2017
    Newbie here and had been eyeballing a Stache 5 . Curious to know what wheel/tire upgrades are recommended that guys run. Trails around my area seem to be on the mildly rocky and root-ey side, not super crazy climbs but would appreciate some recommendations. Cheers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ferret-army View Post
    Newbie here and had been eyeballing a Stache 5 . Curious to know what wheel/tire upgrades are recommended that guys run. Trails around my area seem to be on the mildly rocky and root-ey side, not super crazy climbs but would appreciate some recommendations. Cheers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Upgraded the heavy OEM wheels with Sun Ringle Duroc 40 laced to their own hubs saving a bit over 500 grams in the process. The Bonty hubs are anchors. I'd start with the wheel upgrade before changing tires. The Chups are a great all around tire that's relatively durable.

western NC
    I bought a complete set of Sun Ringle Duroc 40 rims with their hubs. Higher POE, and between that and going tubeless I shaved 2.2lbs off the bike where it matters most.

mtbr member
    I have 2 sets of the Stock 9.6 wheels,
    I am having a set of Nox Kitsunma's with either I9 hubs or Project321 hubs
    Too Many .

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 202627282930

Members who have read this thread: 663