Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 202627282930
Results 2,901 to 2,911 of 2911
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I'm 5'11 and looking at a deal on a 17.5. I know I would be better off on a 18.5 but this is the deal I'm looking at. I know using a longer stem would effect handling. I'm wondering if I could go a bit longer on a stem to get the fit but still have decent handling. Intended purpose is "fun" trail rides when not riding my Epic. I jump but not high or far. Don't do huge drops but love small to medium. Thoughts from Stache riders?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

mtbr member

Lets see your Stache official thread

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    ...Thoughts from Stache riders?
    You need to be looking at a larger size.

mtbr member
    Jun 2016
    I'm 5'11 and looking at a deal on a 17.5. I know I would be better off on a 18.5 but this is the deal I'm looking at. I know using a longer stem would effect handling. I'm wondering if I could go a bit longer on a stem to get the fit but still have decent handling. Intended purpose is "fun" trail rides when not riding my Epic. I jump but not high or far. Don't do huge drops but love small to medium. Thoughts from Stache riders?

you need a bigger bike.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaFACE View Post
    you need a bigger bike.
    Yessir, I hate it when I ask questions and I already know the answer. Just hate to pass up a great deal on something I want!

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Yessir, I hate it when I ask questions and I already know the answer. Just hate to pass up a great deal on something I want!

Here's another in case you have a moment of weakness. Definitely go bigger than the 17.5. I have always been perfect for Trek 18.5 frames, but found with my Stache 7 that I wish I had gone with a 19.5. I run a 60mm stem, and need a set-back post. I'd be SOL if I wanted a dropper on it. And I do so now I'm considering getting the new 9.7!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    LOL, thanks for the support! I have a hard time saying no to bikes.

R.I.P. DogFriend
    If you're too long/tall for a bike when seated, it will only get worse when you're descending off the saddle. Unless you have some very unusual proportions, I can't see a 17'5" Stache being right for a 5'11" rider.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Pass the deal along- lol. I'm looking for another 17.5

LOL, thanks for the support! I have a hard time saying no to bikes.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow poke View Post
    Pass the deal along- lol. I'm looking for another 17.5
    Where are you located?

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    San Antonio texas

Where are you located?

mtbr member
    Sep 2014

I'm 5'11 myself with a 31" inseam. I have a longer torso and longer arms vs my inseam, but I went with a 19.5" Stache 9. I swapped the stock 80mm stem out for a 60mm stem and it feels perfect for me. I tried an 18.5 aluminum and it felt a bit cramped, especially if you want to run a shorter stem. Personally I think the 17.5 is going to be too small. I know the 2016 carbon models have a slightly longer geometry, but if you're looking at the aluminum, I would pass on the deal and save the money for either an 18.5 or 19.5 (aluminum) with a shorter stem.

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 202627282930

Members who have read this thread: 663