Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast
    singletrak junkie

Good job!

sounds like you have a great LBS that took care of ya for your work, Its a pretty rad bike, I really want to test ride one of these. Have yourself a blast on that green beast . Congrats !!
    "do it in the dirt "

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Hello everyone, I'm proud to say I'm part of the Stache crew. I ordered this two weeks ago and picked it up last weekend. I originally purchased a 2012 Ex8 but it had a few problems so I decided to get store credit and wait for the Stache. I was also trying to wait for some reviews but I couldn't hold out. When I ordered it a few weeks ago my lbs had a 10% off sale on all 2013 bikes and I received a 100.00 trek gift card so I'm loving my shop right now. It's 25 miles from me but they have a loyal customer now. Sorry for the side way pics I could figure how to turn them after posting, they view proper on my computer.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lets see your Stache official thread-20130105_151144-1024x768-.jpg  

Lets see your Stache official thread-20130105_152326-1024x768-.jpg  

Lets see your Stache official thread-20130105_151442-768x1024-.jpg  

Lets see your Stache official thread-20130105_151530-768x1024-.jpg  

mtbr member
    Nice, welcome to the fold! I've been enjoying mine, got a couple rides in, it's miles ahead of my last bike.

23"!!! How big a boy are ya!? I see the o-ring on the left fork, I suppose that came on it? Mine didn't have one.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Thanks, I cant wait for the weather to break here in Jersey to get some rides in. I'm 6 4" and did not like the feel of the 21.5 ex8, it felt like I was on top of the handle bars. This bike is gorgeous, the only thing I don't like about it is the grips.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Never noticed the frame size sticker say 21.5" / virtual 23". Is that a 29er thing?
    2014 Niner RIP 9
    Full XT
    Rock Shox Pike 140
    Roval Control Carbon

I hate that name.
    No, virtual/actual is just a Trek thing. The seattube actually measures 21.5", but the toptube length makes it fit like a 23. My 19" Stache actually has a an 18" seattube.
    Worked at Trek/Fisher dealer 2008-2013. Only a little biased.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Noob9ers View Post
    Hello everyone, I'm proud to say I'm part of the Stache crew. I ordered this two weeks ago and picked it up last weekend. I originally purchased a 2012 Ex8 but it had a few problems so I decided to get store credit and wait for the Stache. I was also trying to wait for some reviews but I couldn't hold out. When I ordered it a few weeks ago my lbs had a 10% off sale on all 2013 bikes and I received a 100.00 trek gift card so I'm loving my shop right now. It's 25 miles from me but they have a loyal customer now. Sorry for the side way pics I could figure how to turn them after posting, they view proper on my computer.
    How do you like the stashe vs the fuel? The stache is on my radar along with a superfly or superfly 100
    2014 Niner RIP 9
    Full XT
    Rock Shox Pike 140
    Roval Control Carbon

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Do you think the superfly HT will be a noticably faster/more efficient than the stashe?

Anyone notice on the trek website the stache on the main page has a rock shox fork and different handlebars?
    2014 Niner RIP 9
    Full XT
    Rock Shox Pike 140
    Roval Control Carbon

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by stygz1 View Post
    Anyone notice on the trek website the stache on the main page has a rock shox fork and different handlebars?
    Wow, that's interesting, looks like the 2012 Reba. Must have been a contender during development...

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Ufdah View Post
    Wow, that's interesting, looks like the 2012 Reba. Must have been a contender during development...
    The Stache used in most of the Trek promos I've seen is being ridden by Ross Schnell, who is sponsored by the SRAM/Rockshox/Truvativ group. Therefore, his rides are usually customised with their components instead of the stock bits.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Who is Ross? I have heard of him but dont know what he is known for.
    2014 Niner RIP 9
    Full XT
    Rock Shox Pike 140
    Roval Control Carbon

mtbr member
    Nov 2011

Used stashe 8 on ebay 19"

2014 Niner RIP 9
    Full XT
    Rock Shox Pike 140
    Roval Control Carbon

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Anyone running the stache single speed? If so what did you find worked best?

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by DavezFever View Post
    Anyone running the stache single speed? If so what did you find worked best?
    I've been curious whether you could use an ISCG guide as some sort of chain tensioner, to run it SS.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    May 2006
    I have a e13 TRS+ dual mine. Works great. Had an MRP first and it was junk.....

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 2
    http://Theclydeblog.org Big guy cycling product tester

Urban Ninja
    I built this thing with stuff laying around in my garage.. I proceeded to destroy the rear 29er wheel in two rides at a very rocky/technical park near my house (I attribute this to the front end writing checks that the rear end can't cash and certainly not my riding style ) then, not wanting to put a lot money into this bike build, pulled a 26er wheel out of my laying around garage inventory, slapped it on and I have to say, I've been having a lot of fun on the new "69er Stache". I wish I could tuck the rear wheel in a little though. Would make my manuals a lot easier...

This a very confused bike with two different wheel sizes, trek with specialized seat post/seat and the fact that I probably should be running a chain guide. With the type II sram der the chain stays on... for the most part.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lets see your Stache official thread-img_2697.jpg  

Lets see your Stache official thread-img_2698.jpg  

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    I just ordered a dropper post and a much needed bash guard. Can't wait to try the dropper post on this rig!

blet drive
    so how do people like the tires that come on this bike.. the bontrager 29-3 experts
    Save a tree & wipe your butt with an owl.
    Thank your local Sierra Club.

T.W.O
    This bike is pretty sweet. I am digging the green color they threw on this years stache and rumblefish as we are in MSU country.
    ------__o
    ----_`\<,_
    ---(_)/ (_)

mtbr member
    Got a few more pics.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Pink bike stache 8 review

Trek Stache 8 - Tested - Pinkbike
    2014 Niner RIP 9
    Full XT
    Rock Shox Pike 140
    Roval Control Carbon

mtbr member
    Oct 2004

Re: Lets see your Stache official thread

Holy high handlebars, batman!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member

Good job!

I just completed the tubeless conversion and have to say it was EASY! Using stock Bontrager Duster rims and 29-3 tires. To do the conversion I used the Bontrager Rhythm Symmetrical strips (P/N 406892) and Bonty presta valves with 2oz Stans in each tire. With the first tire I didn't even need the compressor; I just used my floor pump and aired it up. Second one I needed the initial volume of the compressor to seat the tire but it was completely uneventful. Even with only 15psi in the tires I don't see how I could burp one of these, they are on there solid. Highly recommended for anyone that hasn't gone tubeless before and is scared to, this was my first try at tubeless and I won't go back. (Especially after having got a thorn puncture on my first ride on the Stache w/ tubes... )

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Anyone running triple crankset?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

fox 34 140 on the stache 8

rode the bike at a trek demo yesterday at amelia park in Hialeah FL. My question is whether anybody has tried one of the fox 34 front forks. My thought is that this would make it super stiff and slightly more relaxed front end. Anybody try this yet?

Gracias

John Voss

Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast