Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    looks great! I talked to the lbs and the stache is not expected to be available until Feb. Going to check one out today at a bike shop close to a riding area.
    2014 Niner RIP 9
    Full XT
    Rock Shox Pike 140
    Roval Control Carbon

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Got to do a parking lot ride on a stache yesterday. It would have went better if it was a 17.5" and not a 21". Great bike. This looks to be a burly efficient bike. I am going to hold off until I can do a proper demo at the Atlanta demo in late Feb. Could this be a replacement to my 2011 Fuel EX8? I am not itching to rid my fuel but really interested in the 29er and its advantages. My LBS says I will be pleasently surprized how smooth the Stache rides being a HT. The XR-3 tires seem to be pretty good. Seem close to the XR-4?

Any rumor if 2014 Trek will offer a carbon version?
    2014 Niner RIP 9
    Full XT
    Rock Shox Pike 140
    Roval Control Carbon

singletrak junkie

stache 7

pics on trek website dont do this bike justice, the finish is transparent so you see the polished frame just like the stache 8...great bikes and the 7,s price was 1499 not bad at all (they didnt have an 8 in stock yet)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lets see your Stache official thread-73241_2533363350820_927845276_n-stache-7.jpg  

"do it in the dirt "

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    That's a good looking bike. I'd like to see more pics that one is rather crappy lol

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Had mine out today. Awesome bike it rails. It's so easy to get in the air. Super fast this fork is great shifting is awesome. Breaks are great. I love the shimano stuff.

singletrak junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by _Alberto_ View Post
    That's a good looking bike. I'd like to see more pics that one is rather crappy lol
    yea, that pic not the best..I didnt have my phone and figured the person I was with was taking a few pics, but he didnt Looks so much better than their mamba,cobia,xcal paint schemes of this year..sorry
    "do it in the dirt "

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Mine

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by verdugomountainlocal View Post
    Here's my Stache 8. I love it! For the price it's spec'd great. The rear wheel is prettty heavy so I will upgrade down the line. Mine weighs 26.5 pounds with pedals in a 19.5 inch. really stiff rear end and stays.
    If I may ask...on your 19.5" Stache 8, are the rotors both 180mm front and rear, or is the rear a smaller 160mm? Also, are they centrelock or 6 bolt? I'd like to have the proper set of XT ice-techs on hand for when mine arrives

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    I dont think it is centerloc because of the bontrager hubs. I dont remember the slx brakes (calipers)being ice tech.
    2014 Niner RIP 9
    Full XT
    Rock Shox Pike 140
    Roval Control Carbon

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by stygz1 View Post
    I dont think it is centerloc because of the bontrager hubs. I dont remember the slx brakes (calipers)being ice tech.
    I've got a stock 2013 Superfly AL Elite and the rotors are centreloc (Bontrager hubs). I was thinking the Stache 8 would have them also instead of the 6 bolt style.

I've seen others using SLX brakes with XT/Saint Ice Tech rotors with success, so thought I'd give that a try to see if there is much of an improvement.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    I hope the stache has centerloc.....i just figured not having shimano hubs it would not. If so that is a plus.

As far as the brakes go I dont see why you cant use a ice tech rotor without ice tech calipers. I dont know if there is much to gain with just the ice tech rotors and not having the ice tech calipers. Let us know if you notice a difference. Does shimano offer a different ice tech brake pads?
    2014 Niner RIP 9
    Full XT
    Rock Shox Pike 140
    Roval Control Carbon

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Ice tech brake pads have cooling fins on them. The caliper for say SLX or XT, is going to be same whether or not it came with finned pads.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    I thought the calipers had cooling fins but after looking closer to a pic it is just the brake pads
    2014 Niner RIP 9
    Full XT
    Rock Shox Pike 140
    Roval Control Carbon

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Trek Stache in a 23". Did a full custom build with XTR and Industry Nine's, Reverb etc. Just waiting on the chain guide to run it 1x10.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lets see your Stache official thread-stache-pic.jpg  

singletrak junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedal4Fun View Post
    Trek Stache in a 23". Did a full custom build with XTR and Industry Nine's, Reverb etc. Just waiting on the chain guide to run it 1x10.
    that is one sharp bike, let us know how it rides . Like to here the ride reviews.
    "do it in the dirt "

banned
    Apr 2009
    Sweettt.....

I am waiting to get a new tapered fork (harder to get the G2 one than I thought) without going to FOX themselves (and getting the new GOLD stanshion fork..)

But seeing that I think I now want to go All-Out on this build (X-O) 2x10 setup and then I would have to get the Arch EX wheels you have!! Figured I am having my best year ever (work/salary wise) so why not just do it now (with new frame!!!)----here is my build now --it will look 'Totally different' this Spring riding these Pa. Trails!!!!

--But I just LOVE this bike (Geometry wise)---it feels like a custome build to me!!
    Last edited by 247; 12-13-2012 at 09:54 PM.

mtbr member
    Here's mine.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Does the stache 8 have center lock disc rotors?
    2014 Niner RIP 9
    Full XT
    Rock Shox Pike 140
    Roval Control Carbon

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by stygz1 View Post
    Does the stache 8 have center lock disc rotors?
    No centerlock. 6 Bolt on Bontrager branded hubs.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    In it's current form.
    Revelation
    XTR brakes/shifter/deraileurs
    XT crank, Raceface 22/36 rings
    E13 TRS+ Dual
    Mallet 3 pedals
    Reverb Post
    Rhythm Comp Wheels.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lets see your Stache official thread-p1010005-1.jpg  

mtbr member
    Super stoked, mine made it to the shop! Hopefully I'll be riding it soon! Pics aren't great but it's all I could grab yesterday. I threw it on the scale at the shop and in bone stock form the 21" was 26lb 14oz. Planning to go tubeless and put some pedals on it so it'll probably end up around the same weight. Handle bars are 720mm and it looks as if you could run a 2.4 on there if you wanted. Even with the 2.3 you can see why the seat post is shaped the way it is, there would be no clearance otherwise.
    Lets see your Stache official thread-imageuploadedbytapatalk1356096911.252179.jpg
    Last edited by Ufdah; 12-27-2012 at 01:46 PM.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by 247 View Post
    Sweettt.....

I am waiting to get a new tapered fork (harder to get the G2 one than I thought) without going to FOX themselves (and getting the new GOLD stanshion fork..)

But seeing that I think I now want to go All-Out on this build (X-O) 2x10 setup and then I would have to get the Arch EX wheels you have!! Figured I am having my best year ever (work/salary wise) so why not just do it now (with new frame!!!)----here is my build now --it will look 'Totally different' this Spring riding these Pa. Trails!!!!

--But I just LOVE this bike (Geometry wise)---it feels like a custome build to me!!
    You can send your fork to FOX and have them do those upgrades. The gold is a Kashimra coating and you can get FIT converted also.
    2014 Niner RIP 9
    Full XT
    Rock Shox Pike 140
    Roval Control Carbon

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    2014 Niner RIP 9
    Full XT
    Rock Shox Pike 140
    Roval Control Carbon

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    My local Trek Concept Store said they weren't stocking them until April.

I'm actually not interested in the bike but if it was a 650B, I'd buy it right now.

J

mtbr member

First Ride!

I got to bring it home yesterday! I didn't have a cent to buy a new bike but the LBS needed a new website (cycleandfitness.net) so in exchange for my time in making them a new user manageable site they ordered me a Stache! I think he felt bad that I was still on my 1999 Trek 6000 too...
    I feel like a kid in a candy store!

Took my first ride up and down the street to start bedding in the brakes. It was my first time without clips or clipless in 15 years, I didn't realize how much I pull on the upstroke. Every time I started to mash hard I was picking my feet up off the pedal... But, I'm stoked I think it's going to be a great ride, I may get a shorter stem on order, around 70mm or so. I'd like a little more leverage when pulling on the bars and I feel pretty stretched out on it with the wider bars. Anyways... without further adieu, here's the bike:

Lets see your Stache official thread-trek-stache-8-15.jpg

And here's my bike mechanic:
    Lets see your Stache official thread-trek-stache-8-12.jpg

Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast