mtbr member
    Jan 2007

Klien Attitude Fork Upgrade Question

I want to upgrade the fork on an Attitude. The current shock is the original Manitou SX. I think it is a 80MM. The bike will be used for general XC and a little racing. Any issues with putting a100MM shock on this bike? I am thinking about a Marzocchi MX Pro.

Thanks
    Bob

No good in rock gardens..
    What year is the bike, do you know? 20mm shouldn't be a huge big deal - you might want to lower your bars a little though. I've done the 80mm to 100mm fork thing on a bike, and you can notice a little more front end wander on climbs. You can also notice how well it handles at higher speeds afterwards, and how you can hit bigger things than you could before.
    My Cannondale Lefty keeps failing....

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Thanks for your reply. I think this is a 2000. It is an Attitude Comp that is the yellow/red paint scheme.

No good in rock gardens..
    80mm forks were common on HT's by 2000. Bearing in mind a 100mm fork can be set up with more sag, you might find your front is only 10mm higher with you sitting on the bike. When you head uphill, and your weight goes off the front end, the fork will extend that last little bit generally, and this is when you will feel the front getting a bit lighter. Can easily be countered by a little bar / stem tweak though. 100mm is the way to go for a trail hardtail, if the bike allows.
    My Cannondale Lefty keeps failing....