mtbr member
    Dec 2006

Klein Mantra Comp

has anyone change the king-pin/bushes on a Mantra Comp. Mine has some movement and needs doing,; unsure whether to send it away or order the parts??

mtbr member

tough call

Quote Originally Posted by klein-man
    has anyone change the king-pin/bushes on a Mantra Comp. Mine has some movement and needs doing,; unsure whether to send it away or order the parts??
    King pin?? I have to guess that that is the main pivot. Correct? That means that there is just one piece to replace.
    Since you mention "comp" ASSume you are talking about '97 and newer.

I hate to say it, but I asked for a main pivot from my LBS about, mmm, three? years ago and he mentioned once that he got one in two years ago, but lost it

Fortunately I have three Mantras and dont use any of them. I am not sure what "dork" is in "British English", but it is geeky or nerdy about what ever "it is". I wont give them up, yet.
    The Palomino is a similar suspension design. But, it is already passe. And more stiff!

I do not think that I have helped in any way.
    Maybe if you can get a hold of Fred at www.leucadiabikes.com he could sell you my pivot. I haven't been there in 8? months.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    The manual talks about doing the swap but it also cautions that if not done correctly the frame could be ruined. I went to the Klein website and downloaded a manual for my mantra that I had picked up used. Personally, I would have the shop do it. I would also try and contact Klein themselves about the parts. Good luck, and let us know how you make out.