Thread: Klein Dealers

mtbr member
    Mar 2007

Klein Dealers

I was down in the LBS looking at a leftover Klein Attitude (or rather I would have if it had not been sold) asking about the future of Klein's and the dealer was less than optomistic about the future. He said there was only two Klein dealers in the US. One in New Mexico and one somewhere else.
    I have been searching for a Klein MTB frame for a project bike for a while. I was looking for a mint one but also considered something a bit tatty with a view to getting a factory repaint. I got to thinking that if all the Klein dealers are gone how do you get a Klein factory repaint ? If Klein itself folds then the option will be gone forever
    Anyone know who the magical two dealers are ?

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Did you check klein's website? Probably a good place to start.

mtbr member

Leucadia, baby!

Quote Originally Posted by lakes road sheep
    I was down in the LBS looking at a leftover Klein Attitude (or rather I would have if it had not been sold) asking about the future of Klein's and the dealer was less than optomistic about the future. He said there was only two Klein dealers in the US. One in New Mexico and one somewhere else.
    I have been searching for a Klein MTB frame for a project bike for a while. I was looking for a mint one but also considered something a bit tatty with a view to getting a factory repaint. I got to thinking that if all the Klein dealers are gone how do you get a Klein factory repaint ? If Klein itself folds then the option will be gone forever
    Anyone know who the magical two dealers are ?
    Leucadia Cyclery (Leucadiabikes.com) ((or singular)) in north county San Diego. Probably 50 frames hanging from the ceiling. Mantras, Attitudes & Quantums/II/Pros/Stages.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Thanks for the link. I did check the website but didnt see the dealers listed there.

mtbr member

right next to

Quote Originally Posted by lakes road sheep
    Thanks for the link. I did check the website but didnt see the dealers listed there.
    the Binchi logo. They are not a web dealer. They do sell Kleins though.
    http://www.leucadiabikes.com/index.php

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    The link on the Klein website seems to be working for me now. I just kept getting errors every time I tried clicking on the link before.

http://www.kleinbikes.com/support/dealers.php

So there are 8 dealers in the US not the two I was told by the LBS dude

Thanks for the help .

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Klein Dealers

Albuquerque Bicycle Center in Albuquerque, New Mexico is a Klein dealer.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    In answering your question regarding the Klein factory repaint; you have nothing to fear. I recently, three months ago, purchased a weathered 1994 Klein Rascal frame with intent to have it repainted at the factory and rebuild it with all new components. Because Klein is owned by Trek, any Trek dealer can process the transaction for you. I visited my LBS, a Trek dealer, and one phone call to their Trek representative and the deal was done. Since Klein is in Trek's factory now, it all goes through the same office, etc. So long as you can find a Trek dealer, which shouldn't be difficult, you can easilly get your factory repaint.