mtbr member
    Jun 2009

Klein Attitude XX

Just bought this bike: http://bikefactory.com/itemdetails.c...sc&LibId=34272

1. What year model is this?
    2. Do they still make Kleins?
    3. Did I get a good deal? Mine came with a white Fox F-series RL.
    4. Anyone else running this bike? Any feedback?

Thanks and hello to the forum (my first post!)

Todd

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    kleins are not being made anymore. it looks like a decent deal. you shoulda bought it from a shop. but then it would have been a trek and not say klein on it.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    1. The XX has had that paint sceme since at least 2006, and that is the last revision of the Attitude before Trek stopped selling them. To better tell what year it was, you'll have to look at the componentry on your bike since yours is different than the one in the picture.

2. Kleins no longer made, but still available in Japan.
    http://www.kleinjapan.com/bicycles/attitude_xx.html

4. I bought a 2006 Attitude V, and upgraded most of the parts to at least XX level. The one thing I found was that Trek spec.ed the bike with an unusually long fork. The axle to crown distance on the 80mm stroke Recon was the same 495mm as on a 120mm stroke fork. Along with the shortish top tube, this made for a more trail-bikeish feel than on most cross-country hard-tails. Other than that, classic Klein stiffness that made it climb well and punish the body.

Hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoyed mine.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Thanks for the responses guy.
    I did buy it from the shop in the link. They have a couple more if anyone is interested.

Based on componentry it looks like everything is updated... if you click the spec link of the link I posted it has everything listed there: XT/XTR with Bontrager Race Lite with some Race X Lite stuff.

I agree COMPLETELY on the long fork. I finally put the stem as low as it will go and what a world of difference it made. You hit the nail on the head!

Mantis, Paramount, Campy

Did you pay the price in the link?

That seems a bit high.
    NOS Attitude frames can be had for $300-400.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Even a Trek 8500 lists for $2800... This bike is laid out identically with XTR rear... I'd say this frame is beefier as well.

Hard to find a brand new bike with the parts listed above for $2000. Just my opinion. Maybe I'm wrong?

Having never owned a Klein, I can only offer second-hand opinion - but I've never heard a bad word uttered in regards to the Attitudes ..... great bikes.