mtbr member
    Jul 2007

KLEIN ADROIT (pre-TREK)

What does a '99 KLEIN Adroit(stock- Shimano Deore XT Group and JUDY SL fork) go for these days?

He be a moose too.
    A 99 Klein isn't pre-trek, that would be < 1996. Best way to value this bike would be to look at completed listings on Ebay. Ebay pretty much reflects market prices.

Pinguwin
    Looking for:
    • Bontrager Comp crown, 1" threaded
    • Syncros Revolution, drive side 172.5

Carsten
    Quote Originally Posted by kurtb66
    What does a '99 KLEIN Adroit(stock- Shimano Deore XT Group and JUDY SL fork) go for these days?
    the last adroit that came stock with a judy sl was the 1997/98 in the orange/yellow Koi paint. those had the integrated MC2 bar/stem combo. they can fetch around $800-1000 on ebay, depends on size and condition and buyers mood...

Carsten

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Carsten
    the last adroit that came stock with a judy sl was the 1997/98 in the orange/yellow Koi paint. those had the integrated MC2 bar/stem combo. they can fetch around $800-1000 on ebay, depends on size and condition and buyers mood...

Carsten
    Not to be a dick, but that wasn't the "last Adroit"! MC2...yes, but the last Adroit was 2001

Carsten
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowbook
    Not to be a dick, but that wasn't the "last Adroit"! MC2...yes, but the last Adroit was 2001
    clean you reading glasses

>the last adroit [SIZE="6"]that came stock with a judy sl [/SIZE] was the 1997/98 in the orange/yellow Koi paint<

the later ones had manitou forks stock.

Carsten

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    [size="6"]ok! Ok! Ok! Ok! Ok! Ok![/size]

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    I'M KEEPING MY KLEIN!!!! I've done a little research, and I apologize for not being a hardcore KLEIN afficionado like many of you. I was unaware that original pre-TREK KLEIN's were quite the hot commodity and that true dealerships (though now TREKLEIN) are very rare. I do not have the acute and concise knowledge that some of you do and do not wish to be ridiculed by those of you who take great joy in proving to the world how much they do know about Kleins. What I do know is I truly LOVE mountain biking and I started riding in the Chicago area in 1989 when there were very few of us around. My fist mtb was a Diamondback Ascent I bought from my buddy's ex-wife. My next was a beautiful Cannondale my buddy and I built from the frame up. And then came my dream bike......my Klein. I rode her a bit but never as much as I wanted or she deserved. But the wife and family became more of a priority. But..when I did get a chance to ride her, the feel of the wind in my face (and occasionally a tree branch), the freedom and responsiveness I felt when bike and rider become one navigating singletrack was priceless. Though the occasions were fewer and farther between, she always seemd worth holding onto. So.........I'm gonna keep her. And soon I plan on devoting more time to her. Thanks for any feedback.

Carsten
    yes, keep it!

just in case this is your Adroit (i kinda have that impression from your posting in the classifieds section on mtbr.com)

http://cgi.ebay.com/KLEIN-ADROIT-pre...QQcmdZViewItem

it is a 1996 model in the color called Burgundy-blue. the 4 numbers after the X in the serial number denote month and year of production (i.e. 0596 for May 1996). has been built between summer 1995 and summer 1996 i guess.

Carsten

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    It was a fun experience on Ebay. I had someone email me and TELL ME the weight of the bike...and by my low-res picture, how they could MORE ACCURATELY ESTIMATE the weight of my bike at 28lbs. +. Not under 23lbs that it is. I had color arguments and pre-TREK / post-TREK arguments, though the 300+ hits in less than 36hrs. really made me rethink it. Fellow KLEIN riders, I appreciate your passion and enthusiasm for a product that is essentially "a piece of functional art" and am proud to be a part of that community. So again, I'm keepin' her....'til she can't go no more!"
    Thanks

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    And sorry about the date of purchase confusion. I found my paperwork and I purchased it in July of '97 and the serial # says it was made in December of '95.
    Thanks again everyone.