mtbr member

Just wondering...

Why does there seem to be a love/ hate relationship about Gary Fisher bikes? I like the bike's myself, I'm thinking of buying one as my next bike so all the hate love thing? : Confused: Thanks!

Work Hard, Play Harder
    Quote Originally Posted by SS-Rider
    Why does there seem to be a love/ hate relationship about Gary Fisher bikes? I like the bike's myself, I'm thinking of buying one as my next bike so all the hate love thing? : Confused: Thanks!

They are great bikes so don't worry. You will find though that more often than not people are gonna bash anything associated with Trek. It's just because they are so mainstream and everyone wants to try and be different these days. The LBS where my brother bought his specialized Rockhopper constantly bashes Trek and Fisher, and I just sit back and listen and laugh. I've been riding these bikes for years and never had any problems. I say get one and ride the hell outta it.
    06 Rocky Mountain ETSX - Full XTR, Fox Shox, Crossmax XL Wheels

mtbr member
    Mar 2006

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by SS-Rider
    I am riding my gary fisher rig for over one year now and it stil feels very good, there is just one thing.I an't stop riding. The people here in Holland are still looking at my wheels because there are not many bike with 29" wheels and single speed. I think buy the bike, ride the bike and love the bike

Warrior's Society
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice25gt
    They are great bikes so don't worry. You will find though that more often than not people are gonna bash anything associated with Trek. It's just because they are so mainstream and everyone wants to try and be different these days. The LBS where my brother bought his specialized Rockhopper constantly bashes Trek and Fisher, and I just sit back and listen and laugh. I've been riding these bikes for years and never had any problems. I say get one and ride the hell outta it.

These are usually the shops that were turned down by Trek to be dealers. You always gotta talk down the bike lines you don't carry and fluff up the lines you do carry.

mtnbikej

mtbr member
    May 2004
    I think Trek may very well be a hard company to work with as a shop.

On the other hand I'm in the love my Fisher camp.
    I'm looking at MAYBE getting another one someday...

mtbr member
    Folks that dont ride Fishers= HATERS.
    The Genesis frame is great, the bikes are AWESOME.