Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

just bought a stashe 8

7K views 34 replies 17 participants last post by  4Butter 
#1 ·
They are backorderd till nov 5, but i put down the cash. Anybody else gettin 1 ?

#6 ·
Others may have covered it, but if you are looking for support from your LBS, then they have only been covered when the brands they carry cover it. My LBS is Specialized/Trek.... so.... yeah... not covered.

#11 ·
no pedals, but yea pretty good, the trek rep was in the store when i orderd it and even tho the weights are not listed he had a printout of all the weights for every bike they make,i asked about the rumblefish and the x-cal but i dont remember what they were, only the stashe because thats what i bought!

#19 ·
Rode the Stache today as the owner of my local shop has one as his new go to ride. Very weird riding a front end that plush with a hard tail on the street, but once I got to the trails it was a total giggle fest. Very flickable bike. It's like riding a giant, stupid, dirt jumper... but in the most fun way possible.

First time I spent some decent time on a CTD fork, too. I dig it.

For what it's worth, the rig I was on had been upgraded to full XT, which I really feel currently represents a large step up from SLX as far as the brakes and shifters go. If there was a frame and fork only option, I'd be all over it.

#23 ·
Just got mine all built up, with a reverb stealth post, x9 build and some Stan's wheels I came in just under 25lbs. I rode it yesterday, and it is a blast, but sadly my body can't handle riding a hardtail for extended periods of time anymore, so sad because it's so fun to ride!

#25 ·
Trek is having a Demo 1st week in Oct. They will have the Stache 8 , Thats the only bike i plan to ride maybe a superfly to but I'm not a racer but i ride very hard and I think the Stache is what I'm looking for. The 7 is same frame just differ fork and brakes ,drivetrain still nice ride . I will repost after i ride it , I think my mind is made up to cop one just need to confrim it. Peace

#31 ·
i am getting the stashe 8 for $1,950 out the door, i think thats a very good price.
i dont race,it looks comfy for me, i like shimano stuff, my LBS is a trek dealer and are right around the corner from my house. the bike is plenty all mountain for me and the area i ride. and it has a cool green crank! i have a rumblefish pro also.

P.S i also orderd a red 2013 Surly Pugsley,so my dealer likes me! lol

#34 ·
I got my Stache built up last week. Most of the local (Tampa. FL) trails here are rooty and eroded and really feel better with fs, but one place (Boyette, if anybody's familiar), is great on a ht. The Stache rocks on those trails. The handling is similar to my RF. The heated chainstay length issue is meaningless for me. If they were any shorter, I'd have trouble keeping the front wheel planted on our super steep and short climbs. I built it with the XT brakes and 2x10 drivetrain from my SF100AL Pro and the Hope Pro2/ 32h Duster wheelset and cockpit stuff from one of my RF's. Weighed 27.6 with XT pedals, RL cages, and a computer. Running the original version of the 29-4 on the front but I needed a new tire for the rear, so I went with the new 29-3 in the 2.3 size. I like it also. Rolled well and had no traction issues, tubeless at 40 psi for my 270lb bulk.

edit: Forgot to say that I did take some pics, but they came out crappy. I'll have to clean the bike before I take any more. Oh yeah, and I shaved my chin to leave a mustache, for the first ride on the Stache.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.