just bought a stashe 8

Printable View

• 08-23-2012
    winginit
    just bought a stashe 8
    They are backorderd till nov 5, but i put down the cash. Anybody else gettin 1 ?
  • 08-23-2012
    Knight511
    Must put my hands on it first, but it is my top pick right now...
  • 08-25-2012
    jgonz7
    I hope it does well...the All Mountain Hardtail 29er has been covered by other companies for a while.
  • 08-25-2012
    hangdogdaddy38
    Congrats!! and pics to come I hope. Still loving my X-cal or I'd be looking to lay a way one myself.
  • 08-25-2012
    eurospek
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jgonz7 View Post
    I hope it does well...the All Mountain Hardtail 29er has been covered by other companies for a while.

And a lot better if you ask me in terms of geometry and components.

To the OP, what other bikes did you look at as well?
  • 08-25-2012
    Knight511
    Others may have covered it, but if you are looking for support from your LBS, then they have only been covered when the brands they carry cover it. My LBS is Specialized/Trek.... so.... yeah... not covered.
  • 08-25-2012
    winginit
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jgonz7 View Post

But, umm what is your point?
  • 08-25-2012
    winginit
    Quote:

Originally Posted by eurospek View Post
    And a lot better if you ask me in terms of geometry and components.

To the OP, what other bikes did you look at as well?

Agreed! i got the bike for $1,950 for what this bike comes with it is a great deal!

the weight is 26 1/2 lb
  • 08-26-2012
    Knight511
    2013 Trek Bikes – Actual Weights for Road & Mountain Bikes - Bike Rumor

XL Stache 8 weighs 26lb 3 oz.... Not a feather weight, but Not any heavier than my current bike (a 26" OCLV soft tail).... Stache is still making the right sounds for me...
  • 08-26-2012
    kevocastro
    Weight is actually pretty decent, about 26.5 lbs with pedals then
  • 08-26-2012
    winginit
    Quote:

Originally Posted by kevocastro View Post
    Weight is actually pretty decent, about 26.5 lbs with pedals then

no pedals, but yea pretty good, the trek rep was in the store when i orderd it and even tho the weights are not listed he had a printout of all the weights for every bike they make,i asked about the rumblefish and the x-cal but i dont remember what they were, only the stashe because thats what i bought!
  • 08-26-2012
    RetroS
    Liking the Stache, wondering if the fork comes standard with a lockout? Can't tell from the pics. Not familiar with CTD use ie bar or fork mounted.
  • 08-26-2012
    winginit
    Quote:

Originally Posted by RetroS View Post
    Liking the Stache, wondering if the fork comes standard with a lockout? Can't tell from the pics. Not familiar with CTD use ie bar or fork mounted.

yes it does
  • 08-26-2012
    Knight511
    The ability to lock out is done on the top of the shock, not remotely.
  • 09-02-2012
    jut8
    I ordered one up a while ago, and I just got confirmation that it shipped! Shop said it should be here at the next of this week. I am excited to ride a purpose built hardtail 29er trail bike.
  • 09-02-2012
    RetroS
    Count me in on the Stache 8. Shipping on 10/28 to LBS. Going to be my winter night riding and mud bike here in the Pacific North Wet. Good timing really as busy getting the Cyclocross season started.
  • 09-02-2012
    winginit
    Quote:

Originally Posted by RetroS View Post
    Count me in on the Stache 8. Shipping on 10/28 to LBS. Going to be my winter night riding and mud bike here in the Pacific North Wet. Good timing really as busy getting the Cyclocross season started.

cool, my LBS said NOV.5 maybe it will come sooner !
  • 09-08-2012
    DukeNeverwinter
    1 Attachment(s)
    Stache ride anyone?
  • 09-08-2012
    JMUSuperman
    Rode the Stache today as the owner of my local shop has one as his new go to ride. Very weird riding a front end that plush with a hard tail on the street, but once I got to the trails it was a total giggle fest. Very flickable bike. It's like riding a giant, stupid, dirt jumper... but in the most fun way possible.

First time I spent some decent time on a CTD fork, too. I dig it.

For what it's worth, the rig I was on had been upgraded to full XT, which I really feel currently represents a large step up from SLX as far as the brakes and shifters go. If there was a frame and fork only option, I'd be all over it.
  • 09-09-2012
    Rubicon73
    I cannot wait to see/ ride a Stache! Either the Stache or the Honzo is going to be my next bike!
  • 09-11-2012
    roofus
    I just built up my Stache 8 frame/fork. This bike rips, super nimble, accelerates quick. It is an awesome trailbike. 1x9 weighs 27 with parts I had laying around, deore mostly. the frame is light bt itself.
  • 09-13-2012
    hamiltonj2w1
    A friend of mine just got his stashe 8 today and the pics on treks website do that bike no justice it is an amazing looking frame and fork combo!
  • 09-13-2012
    jut8
    Just got mine all built up, with a reverb stealth post, x9 build and some Stan's wheels I came in just under 25lbs. I rode it yesterday, and it is a blast, but sadly my body can't handle riding a hardtail for extended periods of time anymore, so sad because it's so fun to ride!
  • 09-17-2012
    HrznRider
    I'm realizing that I love riding my hardtail more than more fully these days. Thinking about getting rid of the fully for a Stache.
  • 09-24-2012
    Quickona
    Trek is having a Demo 1st week in Oct. They will have the Stache 8 , Thats the only bike i plan to ride maybe a superfly to but I'm not a racer but i ride very hard and I think the Stache is what I'm looking for. The 7 is same frame just differ fork and brakes ,drivetrain still nice ride . I will repost after i ride it , I think my mind is made up to cop one just need to confrim it. Peace