Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by eurospek View Post
    And a lot better if you ask me in terms of geometry and components.

To the OP, what other bikes did you look at as well?
    Eurospek who do u think has done it better and why?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Butter View Post
    Eurospek who do u think has done it better and why?
    Stache 8 MSRP is $2,419.99.

If we're talking about complete bikes, I would look no further than the 2013 Kona Honzo ($1799) or the Diamondback Mason ($2199 from Jenson), which includes a Fox 34 fork and dropper post. And both of these bikes are more All-Mountain friendly IMO than the Stache, and definitely shorter chainstays to boot.

And if you're going to spend $2500 on a hardtail, I would start from the frame up (like the Honzo, Canfield Yelli Screamy) and have one hell of a bike if you're know what you're doing and look for part deals online.

mtbr member

If we're talking about complete bikes, I would look no further than the 2013 Kona Honzo ($1799) or the Diamondback Mason ($2199 from Jenson), which includes a Fox 34 fork and dropper post. And both of these bikes are more All-Mountain friendly IMO than the Stache, and definitely shorter chainstays to boot.
    Have u ridden either? Heard good things about the honzo.. First time hearing about the mason.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Butter View Post
    Have u ridden either? Heard good things about the honzo.. First time hearing about the mason.
    Ya, I own a Honzo. Best hardtail that I've ridden, awesome frame price for only $539 and definitely much better all around than my previous On-One 456 Summer Season and Transition TransAM.

I would buy the Honzo again in a heartbeat if I was looking for an All-Mountain 29er hardtail.

Here's mine:

mtbr member
    Thanks for the input eurospek.. Nice ride!

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    i am getting the stashe 8 for $1,950 out the door, i think thats a very good price.
    i dont race,it looks comfy for me, i like shimano stuff, my LBS is a trek dealer and are right around the corner from my house. the bike is plenty all mountain for me and the area i ride. and it has a cool green crank! i have a rumblefish pro also.

P.S i also orderd a red 2013 Surly Pugsley,so my dealer likes me! lol

mtbr member
    Apr 2012

Hope

And if you're going to spend $2500 on a hardtail, I would start from the frame up (like the Honzo, Canfield Yelli Screamy) and have one hell of a bike if you're know what you're doing and look for part deals online.
    its not woth my time to TRY and save a couple hundred bux shopping for bargains . i just go brand new from the start. factory fresh baby!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by winginit View Post
    i am getting the stashe 8 for $1,950 out the door, i think thats a very good price.
    i dont race,it looks comfy for me, i like shimano stuff, my LBS is a trek dealer and are right around the corner from my house. the bike is plenty all mountain for me and the area i ride. and it has a cool green crank! i have a rumblefish pro also.

P.S i also orderd a red 2013 Surly Pugsley,so my dealer likes me! lol
    Look forward to your ride report winginit..

I hate that name.
    I got my Stache built up last week. Most of the local (Tampa. FL) trails here are rooty and eroded and really feel better with fs, but one place (Boyette, if anybody's familiar), is great on a ht. The Stache rocks on those trails. The handling is similar to my RF. The heated chainstay length issue is meaningless for me. If they were any shorter, I'd have trouble keeping the front wheel planted on our super steep and short climbs. I built it with the XT brakes and 2x10 drivetrain from my SF100AL Pro and the Hope Pro2/ 32h Duster wheelset and cockpit stuff from one of my RF's. Weighed 27.6 with XT pedals, RL cages, and a computer. Running the original version of the 29-4 on the front but I needed a new tire for the rear, so I went with the new 29-3 in the 2.3 size. I like it also. Rolled well and had no traction issues, tubeless at 40 psi for my 270lb bulk.

edit: Forgot to say that I did take some pics, but they came out crappy. I'll have to clean the bike before I take any more. Oh yeah, and I shaved my chin to leave a mustache, for the first ride on the Stache.
    Worked at Trek/Fisher dealer 2008-2013. Only a little biased.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by blunderbuss View Post
    edit: Forgot to say that I did take some pics, but they came out crappy. I'll have to clean the bike before I take any more. Oh yeah, and I shaved my chin to leave a mustache, for the first ride on the Stache.
    Stache on the stache.. Awesome sauce!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2