mtbr member
    Aug 2008

Just bought an EX8.

I just picked up the EX8. I would have really liked the EX9 but the cost was too much right now. I picked up a 2008 because I didn't want an '09 with the price increase. I'm 5'11" and about 185 lbs and the 19.5" fit me well. I'll ride it this weekend and see how it fits. This is my first FS bike and for that matter my first Trek. I paid MSRP as the LBS sells too many to give any kind of discount. They did swap the tires out for me and we put on some crank brothers pedals.
    Can't wait to hit some trails.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Thank god you ditched those terrible wheels! I am quite sure you will love it. I just took my 08 EX9 out today for the first time with tuned up suspension. Even before I took the time to tune it right, it rode so well.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    I bought mine in July...it's an awesome bike!

I haven't upgraded anything yet; I still think it's a much better upgrade from the Giant I used to ride.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Nice bike. Congrats!

I picked up an EX8 a few weeks ago. I'm 6'0" and 220# and I got the 18.5" frame size. The 19.5 was too big.

It's a nice bike. My only issue is that the seat is absolutely miserable and will probably go soon. Otherwise, it's entirely stock.

responsible zombie owner
    how do you rate the differences between the 08 and 09 versions?

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Qatarbhoy
    how do you rate the differences between the 08 and 09 versions?
    I haven't seen an '09 yet in person. I've only seen the specs and pictures on the web.

Members who have read this thread: 0