mtbr member

Ideal PSI for DRCV

I picked up my new Lush carbon yesterday that has the DRCV. Mechanic there told me that Trek suspensions are set lower than other bikes (my specialized FSR expert was set to around my body weight). I weigh 125 and the guy told me to set it to around 80. This seems really low to me. Is there a formula out there for setting the PSI of fork and rear shock of the DRCV? I appreciate any help I can get!

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Have a look at trekbikes.com. At the bottom there's an owners manual link. Click that and it should take you to the suspension set up pages...

mtbr member

Re: Ideal PSI for DRCV

http://www.trekbikes.com/us/en/resou...pension_setup/

There's the link to the trek calculator.
    If you have an iPhone iPad or other iOS device as well there is an app from fox called ird I believe. It was free and also has some settings info for fox suspension components. I had terrible luck with the fox app on my old phone, and the trek calculator was much better place to start fwiw, but I figured it was worth mentioning as you may have better luck with it than I did in the event the trek calculator is unsatisfactory.

Also, I don't know about that set lower bit, even the trek calculator had my rear shock pressure so high it felt fairly rigid in the "trail" setting. I couldn't tell the difference between climb and trail hardly at all.
    Make sure to completely cycle the shock if you can after changing pressures. I made the mistake of changing it and not opening the drcv and the ending pressure was actually different than what my pump read. I just pop it in decend and try to bunny hop or bounce a bit to cycle it and it is all good after. Sorry for the novel here, good luck!
    10 Gary Fisher Cobia - 13 Trek Madone 5.2 - 14 Trek Fuel Ex8

mtbr member
    I really appreciate your "novel" I will definitely try this! Thanks so much!