Gravity hurts

Hybrid Tires - On Road/Off Road

I was trying to find some Geax Evolution tires. From what I've found they seem to offer the best of both worlds. I ride 7 miles on road to the trails, then 8 miles on trails then 7 miles back home. I liked the Evolutions because they have some serious tread on the outside and a nice thin middle section for the roads. Unfortunately they can't seem to deliver anything to their suppliers? Everywhere I've looked on-line or off comes up with the same answer. They can't give us a firm delivery date. I'm currently using a Kenda Hybrid tire that works well, but the trails are requiring a little more than they can handle. Breaking is almost non-existant and tight corners usually cause me to slide out a little. My regular Bontrager Jones ACX won't hold up to the 14 miles on the street, I don't think.
    Any suggestions?

Gravity hurts

Follow Up on Hybrid Tires...

I see a lot of people read this one, but no one really had much to add to it...
    In doing my research I did end up finding a retailer that had the Geax Evolution Tire (thanks to Hodsons Bay in Lafyette, IN http://www.hodsonsbay.com). I got the tires in record time and all is good. I have the tires mounted and have taken them out on the road, which they where very fast. Unfortunately it had just finished raining and my attempt to test them in the dirt didn't go as planned. I'll have to get back with a report how they did later. After continuing to look around I found the Geax Arrojo, which might have been my better option, but I'm still very impressed with the Evolution. But, I'm not sure if I can get them for my dub-six rimbs (26").

Other tires that I would be interested in hearing about or trying out are:
    Geax Arrojo
    Kenda Kross Supreme
    Maxxis Locus
    Geax Sturdy
    Continental Twister Pro
    Maxxis Raze

A good site to review some of these is http://www.bicycletires.com/tek9.asp?pg=products
    Let me know if you guys have any experience with these.