mtbr member
    Mar 2007

HIFI will it fit in a standard 6 foot pick up bed?

Hi, I wanted to get the bike stand that attaches to the inside of the tail gate and lets you transport your bike inside the pick up bed with the tire on...Is a med. hifi too long to fit in length wise in a standard size s-10 pick up bed? Want to order the stand before the bike arrives thanks...for any info...Ben

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    The great thing about the HiFi is that the rear wheel folds up into the frame very nicely. So it should fit fine.
    Hi Fi Failure

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    I thought about making that joke in my initial post, but figured I would let you have your fun...I mentioned that mine was medium...so that you would look even more foolish...thanks for your wit...I am sure nobody else had really thought of that....Ben

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by compression
    The great thing about the HiFi is that the rear wheel folds up into the frame very nicely. So it should fit fine.
    Hi Fi Failure
    I told you guys this was a feature not a flaw.
    "Reports of my death are greatly exaggerated" -- Mark Twain.

DRG
    mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    My L HiFi messured 72.5" from tire to tire. That is unfolded of course, it would be much shorter folded.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    My specialized enduro does not fit in lengthwise in my pickup bed (mazda B2000), so I just lay it down.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Look up the wheelbase # on the fisher site and add the diameter of a wheel and tire. That should be the overall length of any bike.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    I fit my hifi in the trunk of my wifes toyota to take it back to the shop. That folding feature is really nice

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    I'd bet the return postage expense it will fit. I have a Trek Liquid Large, nearly identical geometry that fits into my S-10 with a couple inches to spare. The bed of the truck is actually just under 75" if you measure from Under the lip (which your bike tire will just clear under) at the very front of the bed to the tail-gate depressions in the back.