mtbr member
    Mar 2005

Help needed pricing my Sugar 3+ disc

Hi all

I'm the proud owner of a new Giant Trance 2, so I'm needing to sell my Fisher. I've never sold a used bike before, so am looking for guidance on pricing. It's a GF Sugar 3+ Disc (2002). Upgrades are Mavic 317 rims w/ Shimano XT hubs, Avid Mechanical Disc brakes, XT crankset, Ritchey Riser Bar, Time Alium pedals, and Kenda Kinetics tires. I have two different springs for the Black Elite shock in case a heavier rider wants it.

It's in good shape. It's certainly been ridden, but it came with free lifetime tune-ups, so I had it checked regularly. Couple of scratches here and there + 1 pretty good scrape on the underside of the frame.

Any ideas? $800? $600? I dunno... I'm going to start on Craigslist and go from there. How do the classifieds on MTBR turn out? Any other sources (aside from Ebay)?

thanks

matt
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by kiva; 08-08-2005 at 03:54 AM. Reason: content edit

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Well, I just recently sold a 2002 Sugar 4+ on ebay for 700. It was upgraded with LX Hollowtech crank, speeddial 7 levers, select dual bolt seatpost, racelite bar,odi lock on grips,SD-3 brakes, select disc compatible rear wheel, salsa moto-ace stem, XT rear derrailleur and shifters. It was in good condition, a few scratches But i also threw in a extra rear shock, LX rear derrailleur, stock riser bar, stock tires, elite bottle cage, extra sybil swingarm. Our bikes have the same frame. Id say you should be able to get around 700, maybe a little less. But seriously, ebay is the way to go. I would start the bid low, I started it at 375. Make sure u have plenty of pics. But the riding season is winding down, so this may not be the best time.