mtbr member
    Jun 2012

Help- Can't Find Stache 8 in 23" size...

Trek Warehouse is out..I really want this bike...no way I can search all local shops... help a mtb-brother out......any ideas?

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by WebBreaker View Post
    Trek Warehouse is out..I really want this bike...no way I can search all local shops... help a mtb-brother out......any ideas?
    When I bought mine in March, the LBS said there were only 4 qty 23" Stache 8s in all warehouses in the U.S., so it is not surprising that they are out in this size. I doubt many shops buy them for stock, most are ordered when a customer buys it. They are unlikely to have many walk-in customers looking for a XXL. It's a bummer, but you might be in for a wait until they get more from manufacturing. Good luck! It will be worth the wait.

mtbr member
    Hey, did you ever find one? I'm in the same boat. Tried to buy one today but Trek are sold out of 23" Stache frames, both models

I was told I would probably have to wait for the 2014 bike.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    bought the new Fuel EX 8 instead... wanted a Roscoe last year when they were first rumored....never materialized..saw the fuels were going 29 and made one mine!

R.I.P. DogFriend
    Quote Originally Posted by WebBreaker View Post
    bought the new Fuel EX 8 instead... wanted a Roscoe last year when they were first rumored....never materialized..saw the fuels were going 29 and made one mine!
    This thread is currently useless without pictures of your new bike along with a ride report.

I'll give rep for a 'couch shot' :~)

Enjoy your new bike.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Will take a pic when it gets back from having suspension tuning complete... only rode it once and sent the rear shock off to Suspension Experts...