FNG....Sorry..
    May 2007

Hello! New 07 EX7 Rider here, Trek gods assist me!!!

Hey guys and gals,

I love this forum and there is so much damn info here to choose from...excellant! So any here is my story, i am in the military, stationed in ZE GERMANY JA!! I used to ride, well on a crappy over-weight Mongoose FS frame a few years ago....But now that I have seen the country side here, and the over all entire acceptance of riding EVERYWHERE here i want back in...My choices for bike setups here are limited unless I pay the Euro for a bike on the economy..which usually is the same price that it would be in USD but in Euro..ripoff...

So I waited and waited for a frame large enough for me, 6'4, 260 lbs, and fealt good for me to ride...and I found a 07 EX7. I will not be beating it up right away off roading yet, i would like to get my body back into the rigors of riding distances and the motions first, then maybe get out and enjoy some of these wonderful countryside views here first hand.

SO, with all this nonsense said, what do you guys think are the things I should watch out for as far as future wear items, im sorry if i am asking a very vague and stupidly obvious question, as I am still trying to decifer the lingo in order to search correctly on here HAHA...I am really excited about getting full into this now, and really understanding of whats going on in the scene and being able to service and work my bike myself...

(I do have a maintenance backround on many auto's and especially acft, so no need to explain simple tooling or mechanical terms...just the MTB world specific things i guess..)

Thank you all ahead of time!

Robert
    Last edited by Gauvain; 05-29-2007 at 10:29 AM. Reason: Wrong year entered...