mtbr member

Has anyone figured out a chainguide for a carbon framed remedy?

I am running XO 2x10 ,currently 39/26 but going to 36/22. I know this was discussed some time ago but wonderd if anyone has come up with anything?

mtbr member
    I would use the new MRP 2x. It comes in ISCG and BB so there should be one that works for whatever your Remedy has.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    No ISCG tabs, and pressfit BB= no BB mount option.

mtbr member
    That's a bummer.
    "Let the wheels spin."

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    The '12 Remedy has ISCG mounts...not that it helps you..

I would look at just running a bash guard....not too much you can do.

rider
    Feb 2008
    shadow plus, or a crappy chainstay mounted pulley,

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    That's a shame, I can tell you that the difference on my R7 is night and day with the chain guide (blackspire stinger iscg). The chain slap was pretty annoying before, it's completely quiet back there now

Hope you're able to find a solution.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by psycoben View Post
    shadow plus, or a crappy chainstay mounted pulley,
    +1, Shadow Plus RD-M985 works!

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Have a 2012 Remedy 9.(ISCG) I am running the MRP 2x at 24/36. Did not realize the XTR rear der spec was the Shadow 985 when I ordered the bike. I tested that Shadow with the stock XT triple and it was really solid and quiet. I love that MRP 2x, but you would be in very good shape with that Shadow, bash and dual set up.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by boblepesh1 View Post
    Have a 2012 Remedy 9.(ISCG) I am running the MRP 2x at 24/36. Did not realize the XTR rear der spec was the Shadow 985 when I ordered the bike. I tested that Shadow with the stock XT triple and it was really solid and quiet. I love that MRP 2x, but you would be in very good shape with that Shadow, bash and dual set up.
    so you're saying the shadow plus is as good as the mrp 2.x? That's a heckuva endorsement. I might switch to shimano for this...

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by rfxc; 11-29-2011 at 08:38 PM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Running a Hammerschmidt AM (24/38T) coupled with a XO DH rear derailleur (11/28T).

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    the shadow works well for the $$$$, demoed a 2012 Remedy 9.8 an it had 3 rings up front and a shadow with a 11/36 in the rear - I was impressed with the lack of chain slap and no derailment ( don't know if that is a word) .All my personal bikes have had some sort of chain management/ chain-guide for the last 4 or so years. I really notice chain slap when I ride bikes with out chain guides- the XTR shadow was great during a 15 mile demo on the Remedy. I would switch my ride over to the XTR system if it wasn't so expensive, just cant afford it. On a side note Mark Weir was using the same guideless set up in a Super D race this last year and he seemed to be very plesed with it. good luck

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by rfxc View Post
    so you're saying the shadow plus is as good as the mrp 2.x? That's a heckuva endorsement. I might switch to shimano for this...

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
    No, I am not saying that at all. I am only saying I may not have purchased ANY guide had I tested with the Shadow 985 prior.

I am extremely pleased with the MRP 2x.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Soh View Post
    Running a Hammerschmidt AM (24/38T) coupled with a XO DH rear derailleur (11/28T).
    Hammerschmidt requires ISCG tabs, doesn't it? Back to the same problem.

This ISCG "adapter" from Pivot cycles looks pretty sweet, and "appears" like it may work on the carbon frame remedy, (pre-2012 model year). Anyone interested in trying this?

Pinkbike Product Picks - Pinkbike.com

mtbr member

2011 Carbon Remedy .... chain guide still needed.

So....did anyone try it? Looks promising.

I went a different route with the Bionicon C-Guide. This little guy has stood up to a good deal of bike park downhill jump courses without fail. It's not a perfect solution as it does not adequately prevent the chain from fallin off the top of the front cog. I made it through four stages of the Specilaized Enduro at Winter Park this past weekend without a chain drop...and then there was stage 5....blew it right out of the gate.

The search for a used 2012 Carbon Remedy frame has not begun.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    This Specialized Dangler fits the standard Fuel EX swingarm dam good. Might fit the Remedy also?. I just tried it on the warranty frame I got but I don't have the bike built up yet. I can tell you it worked awesome on the 29'r Spec. FSR Test bike I have for 3 days. It's $40 US and comes with the long wrap around sleeve for the swingarm.

2013 Banshee Spitfire V2 650b

mtbr member
    I have a 2011 Remedy 9.9 and run a Shadow Plus rear derailleur. If you're looking for a full on chain guide it isn't it but if you want a serious improvement over a standard rear derailleur and no chain slap at all get the Shadow plus. I've been riding one all summer and its phenomenal. On Saturday my buddy and I were going down this fast rough downhill. He's riding an Intense Tracer 2 with standard XTR rear derailleur and I'm on my Remedy with the Shadow Plus. At the bottom we both mentioned how my drivetrain was silent and his chain slap was quite evident. If you don't want to make the switch to Shimano get the SRAM Type 2 rear derailleur.

mtbr member

Has anyone figured out a chainguide for a carbon framed remedy?

I ran a SRAM X9 type 2 rear derailleur on my 2011 Remedy 9.7. This was a huge improvement and I've had zero chain drops. As a matter of luck Trek provided me with a warranty replacement (upgrade) to a 2012 9.9 frame. The point is that I now have ISCG tabs yet I see no need for additional chain management devices.

Has anyone figured out a chainguide for a carbon framed remedy?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1360267301.213605.jpg

Has anyone figured out a chainguide for a carbon framed remedy?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1360267329.313839.jpg