Work Hard, Play Harder

Great deal on my 06 6700

So I put my 06 trek 6700 on ebay. My reserve is 900 and the bike is very nicely modded. There is less than 30 mins left..........AND THE RESERVE HASNT BEEN MET!!!!!!! I have no idea whats wrong with people but don't miss a chance to pick this thing up cheap. it's in excellent condition and only 6 to 8 weeks old (check my posts). Here's the auction......give it a look

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MESE%3AIT&rd=1

If the bike dosent sell and you wanna make me an offer then feel free to. There are 37 people watching it so it may sell but who knows. If it dosent sell give me a 1,000 and it's yours
    06 Rocky Mountain ETSX - Full XTR, Fox Shox, Crossmax XL Wheels

Work Hard, Play Harder

She didn't sell

Make me an offer.................

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice25gt
    Make me an offer.................
    You're not getting an offer because the list price is $1100... and you want at least $900. Some shops offer discounts, so you can probably get a new one for $900 - $1000

You do have some nice upgrades... but remember, you're now selling the bike without any warranty. The warranty only applies to the original owner.

Unfortunately, you may not get any more than $600 - $700 for that bike.

It sucks, doesn't it?

You may want to consider parting it out... you may get more money for it.

Work Hard, Play Harder
    I got 400 about 2 or 3 months ago for a used 4300 that I beat the snot outta. Bike was bone stock too. This one I treated like a damn baby so I was sure she'd sell. I'm gonna just hold onto the bike for now and list it in a few papers and see what happens. I'm shooting for 850 plus the actual cost of shipping. Any lower than that, I'll just keep her.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    You were very lucky to get that, especially since the bike is $390 brand new. You must have found a buyer that didn't know anything about bikes.

I hope you didn't sell it to a freind

It looks like you'll be keeping the 6700 for a very long time.

Enjoy the ride!

mtbnj.com
    I agree with blue shorts, I live right up the road from you and know of several shops selling that bike new for only a hair more than what your asking, and since it is almost the model year end, it will probably be easy to find a 6700 new for less than what you expect to get.

My advice, do what most people do with their first hardtails, convert it to a single speed, but if you do that, you probably will be selling your new fs within a few weeks as well.

I ride the same parks as you, im on a white rocky mountain ss, feel free to say hello.

walter

Work Hard, Play Harder
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Shorts
    You were very lucky to get that, especially since the bike is $390 brand new. You must have found a buyer that didn't know anything about bikes.

I hope you didn't sell it to a freind

It looks like you'll be keeping the 6700 for a very long time.

Enjoy the ride!
    ..............................Or not. I sold the bike yesterday. Delivering her to her new owner today. I got a good price for the bike, and it's new owner got a great bike. As for the old 4300, I didnt sell her to a friend. I wouldn't have GIVEN that bike to a friend. The fork on it was crap and so was all of the componentry. I sold it off of craigslist. Sold the 2nd day it was listed too.

Work Hard, Play Harder
    Quote Originally Posted by walter
    I agree with blue shorts, I live right up the road from you and know of several shops selling that bike new for only a hair more than what your asking, and since it is almost the model year end, it will probably be easy to find a 6700 new for less than what you expect to get.

My advice, do what most people do with their first hardtails, convert it to a single speed, but if you do that, you probably will be selling your new fs within a few weeks as well.

I ride the same parks as you, im on a white rocky mountain ss, feel free to say hello.

walter
    Maybe down the road I'll try SS. For now though I'm gonna look at a few fs bikes and maybe pick one up. I might also wait until later on in the year because my work schedule is kinda hectic now. I'll definitely stop and say hi if I see ya. Where did ya pick your Rocky up at? Did ya get it from Greg at beachwood?

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Congrats!!!

mtbnj.com

actually

Quote Originally Posted by Ice25gt
    Maybe down the road I'll try SS. For now though I'm gonna look at a few fs bikes and maybe pick one up. I might also wait until later on in the year because my work schedule is kinda hectic now. I'll definitely stop and say hi if I see ya. Where did ya pick your Rocky up at? Did ya get it from Greg at beachwood?

it was an impulse buy off of ebay, i was just searching the single speed stuff one night and came across it, and the kid had a low buy it now price, so i jumped on it. I have dealt with Greg in the past though for some parts and stuff, and if i ever decide to go f/s again, the rocky etsx is on my list and i would be happy to give beachwood bikes the business.

Work Hard, Play Harder
    Yeah I like dealing with him also. I ran into him up at allaire a few weekes ago and we rode together for about an hour. He is one hell of a damn rider too.