mtbr member
    Oct 2004

Geometry charts for Older Trek and Fisher bikes?

So I have a 2008 Superfly and now a 2012 Superfly 100, both size large/19. is there anywhere online to see the geo charts? Trekbikes.com archive only shows component spec. I'm trying to set them up identically, I had figured the top tube measurements would be nearly identical.

Also, by my measuring tape, the effective TT of the Superfly HT is around 24.5", while the ETT of the Superfly 100 is measuring closer to 24.0" maybe even as short as 23.8". That seams like a big difference. What's up with the shorter top tube? Is this a trick to keep the overall wheelbase measurement of the full suspension bike shorter/closer to its hardtail brethren? I could end up with 10-15mm different length stems on these bikes, and and that seems odd to me.

I'm curious to see online geo charts just in case my measuring method has a decent margin of error to it...

I'm pondering throwing in an angle adjusting headset to push that front wheel out a little further (I know that doesn't effect stem length obviously).

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Anyone?

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Call Trek, they will email you a complete spec sheet with geometries for every frame for a given year.

I happen to have the 2011 and 2012 charts here, and the ETT of the SF Hardtail is 24.48 (622mm) and the SF100 is 24.29 (617mm). So if you wanted the exact same fit you'd have to find a 5mm shorter stem.

Instead of measuring your ETT, measure your seat to stem, or if you want to take into effect different bar widths/sweep, measure seat to grip. As long as you have the same seat, set in the correct spot (distance back from the BB), those will give you a better "true" measurement of your reach.

-Tom
    Last edited by trhoppe; 04-03-2013 at 06:07 AM.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Awesome thank Tom! and good advice!

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Tom, any chance you know the head angle of the original 2008 Gary Fisher superfly? Got it on a chart somewhere? The head angles of my 08 superfly and '12 sf100 feel quite different.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I only have the 2011/2012 charts. Give Trek a call, they will be happy to email it to ya.

mtbr member
    or just go here

Trek, Fisher, Klein, Lemond bike catalogs, bicycle brochures

most of the catalogs have geometry charts, and the site has some as standalone downloads

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by trhoppe View Post
    Call Trek, they will email you a complete spec sheet with geometries for every frame for a given year.

I happen to have the 2011 and 2012 charts here, and the ETT of the SF Hardtail is 24.48 (622mm) and the SF100 is 24.29 (617mm). So if you wanted the exact same fit you'd have to find a 5mm shorter stem.

Instead of measuring your ETT, measure your seat to stem, or if you want to take into effect different bar widths/sweep, measure seat to grip. As long as you have the same seat, set in the correct spot (distance back from the BB), those will give you a better "true" measurement of your reach.

-Tom
    No way am I measuring a 24.29" ETT on my size 19/large 2012 SF100 elite. I have measured it multiple times and on different level surfaces (my basement, my deck, garage floor) and every time it comes out to about 23.7-23.8" ETT. I am measuring my 08 Superfly HT ETT at about 24.5".

I guess I'm not alone in the "feels awfully short for a large" sentiment: 2012 Superfly 100 Aluminum Effective Top Tube

In the last year, I have competed in Cat 1 race on a '12 Top Fuel 9.9, 08 superfly ht, '11 Trek Remedy, and now '12 SF100, ALL SIZE LARGE. The SF100 measures up as the shortest TT. Also the SF100 has shorter bottom bracket to front axle measure than both the hardtail and Remedy (I don't have the top fuel anymore to compare, but i'd bet its longer).

What would be the engineering/ride quality purpose of making it so short? I have the bike fits set up almost identically, yet on the sf100 i feel more top heavy and ready to go over the bars then on the hardail, or remedy. what gives?