mtbr member
    May 2006

Gary Fisher Wahoo Sizing Help!

Hi,

I'm looking for some sizing advice for a Wahoo frame for my vertically challenged girfriend. She's 5' 0.25", 29" inside leg and has her heart set on a Wahoo.

Does she go for the 13" frame or the 15.5". We've only been able to get her on the 17" which is too big. I'm 6' 1" with a 19" HKEK and scaling that back I think the 13" frame but no one bike shop has been able to give us a clear answer.

Hope someone can shed some light on this!

Many thanks

Andrew

Work Hard, Play Harder
    My guess is the 13 inch frame would be much better. I know alot of people who are between 5'5" and 5'7" ride the 15.5 frames, so I'd have to say the 13 would be best. Only sure fire way to figure it is to get her on the bike and see how she likes the fit. Different bike sizes, and different types of geometry all come into play when you're bike shopping. Order the size that she thinks would be best and then try it out. Good luck
    06 Rocky Mountain ETSX - Full XTR, Fox Shox, Crossmax XL Wheels

mtbr member
    I know you said she is set on the wahoo, but she may want to consider a GS (girl specific) frame. These frames, among other things, have a shorter top tube to fit the geometry of a woman's body. I know my girlfriend has had problems in the past with lower back and wrist pain after rides (she rides a smaller men's frame). If its a Fisher she wants, check out the genesisters section of their site. Just a suggestion.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Just a quick update incase anyone is in the same position.

Due to the sloping top tube the 15.5" was the better sized frame by a long way, the 13" would just have been too wee. The seat post is quite far up as well. All in all she's delighted with it.

Thanks for your help,

Cheers

Andrew