mtbr member
    Apr 2006

New question here. Fuel Ex7 vs Ex8?

I've finally narrowed it down...rough test riding bikes right! Checked out the Anthem,Trance..but the Fuel just really seemed comfortable! I am kinda leaning toward the Ex7 because it doesn't seem like you really get a lot of upgrade for the jump up into the Ex8? The spec. on the '05 Ex8 seemed to be a bit better I thought. I only wish they stuck w/those spec.'s? Ex7 & 8 have the same brakes...basically the same shocks...minus pop-loc!...Rims...are they still the tubeless capable for the Ex8? Anyone else have any thoughts or experience would be great to hear about!

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Having just bought an EX-7 last week I went through the same issues. Looks like the biggies on the 8 would be the remote poploc's front & rear and the external floodgate adjustment on the fork. Also nearly all the components are an upgrade. Then you also have the extra $400.00, so it comes down to where do you stop? I stopped at the EX- 7 because I started with a 6500 disc... Also, on a digital scale, the 7 comes in at a hair under 30 pounds in a 17.5" frame.

Matt

mtbr member

Only thing i have changed on it is carbon bars and carbon seatpost.
    I love my bike. I just felt more comfortable than any other my lbs had. This puppy get 8 to 20 miles on it daily weather permiting.

Weiner Dog Connoiseur
    Are you a DJ as well? I noticed the Numark mixer in the background.

mtbr member
    LOL. You caught me man. I guess the 2 crates of records, mixer, battle case, and heaphone bag gives it away. Dont tell anyone. The big blue sheet is covering the other 2000 records.