mtbr member

fuel ex skid plate

so tonight i was sitting around in the shop and picked up a piece of aluminum, so i decided i was gonna make a skit plate for my 08 trek ex-7 as bashing rocks off the new to me, and barely ridden by previous owner, bike doesnt sound like too much fun, all in all i think it came out good so far, although i still gotta put holes to mount it to the water bottle cage, and i gotta get some rubber pads so it wont scratch the frame, my cameras dead atm and i cant find the cable so ill post pics a little later
    2009 Jamis Trail X2
    2002 Raleigh Mountain Scout
    2008 Trek fuel ex7

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by henry9419 View Post
    so tonight i was sitting around in the shop and picked up a piece of aluminum, so i decided i was gonna make a skit plate for my 08 trek ex-7 as bashing rocks off the new to me, and barely ridden by previous owner, bike doesnt sound like too much fun, all in all i think it came out good so far, although i still gotta put holes to mount it to the water bottle cage, and i gotta get some rubber pads so it wont scratch the frame, my cameras dead atm and i cant find the cable so ill post pics a little later
    What the hell??!! Ummmm ok
    2011 Trek EX8 Matte Sepia

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kithannah View Post
    What the hell??!! Ummmm ok
    well i probably wasnt contructing sentences to well that late at night, but later ill post pics once its mounted so you will understand better what it looks like, i got the original idea from here, where i guy made a carbon one for a specialized, i think it was the products and innovations forum, or something, but that seems to be gone, but ill try to find it again
    2009 Jamis Trail X2
    2008 Trek fuel ex7

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Is this like carbon armour??
    Rimmer - "There's an old human saying - if you talk garbage, expect pain"

mtbr member
    Nov 2005

mtbr member
    im trying to find my cameras charging cable, to post a pic, tomorrow im putting the mounting holes in it and getting a rubber piece to put in between it and the frame, then ill take some pics on my droid and email them to my computer to post
    2009 Jamis Trail X2
    2008 Trek fuel ex7

mtbr member
    mine wraps around the back of the bb, around halfway up the back, im thinking about making a better version with a sheet of hdpe, and also a rear fender out of hdpe also, that will start at the bottom linkage,and come around the top maybe a quarter way around, and if i could find a way to mount it ive been thinking of making a bb mount bashgaurd out of thick hdpe that wouldnt rotate and just so rocks slide off
    2009 Jamis Trail X2
    2008 Trek fuel ex7