mtbr member

Fuel 100 + 5" fork = ???

I have a spare Pushed Talas RLC fork laying around and a Fuel 100 with a SID World Cup. Has anyone put a 5" fork (although the fork is adjustable down to 4") on a Fuel 100 and if so, how did you like it. BTW- I have put a 5" fork on a hardtail (with a 70.5 degree HA based on a 3" fork) and LOVED it...

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by flipnidaho
    I have a spare Pushed Talas RLC fork laying around and a Fuel 100 with a SID World Cup. Has anyone put a 5" fork (although the fork is adjustable down to 4") on a Fuel 100 and if so, how did you like it. BTW- I have put a 5" fork on a hardtail (with a 70.5 degree HA based on a 3" fork) and LOVED it...
    I'm currently running a 4" fork on my Fuel (Marathon S 105 - dual spring). I really like the 4" fork over the 3" fork on that bike.

A 5" fork will void the lifetime warranty. It will also make the bike a bit sluggish.

A 5" fork will definitely make going downhill more fun, but it will stress the heck out of the head tube.

Change it if you think you'll like it. Just be prepared to lose any warranty support.

Hey, Blue Shorts.....couldn't've said it any better......still running 80mm here, and perfectly content.....me thinkst am gonna be forced to go 100mm next time, as 80 mm seem fewer...ands fewer (I apologize for any mis-types/misspellings...lost my bifocals, can't see worth a lick .... seriously !!! ) A 5" would definitely be overkill on this frame, and not be worth the tradeoff/risk....
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Shorts
    I'm currently running a 4" fork on my Fuel (Marathon S 105 - dual spring). I really like the 4" fork over the 3" fork on that bike.

A 5" fork will void the lifetime warranty. It will also make the bike a bit sluggish.

A 5" fork will definitely make going downhill more fun, but it will stress the heck out of the head tube.

Change it if you think you'll like it. Just be prepared to lose any warranty support.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Hey Fuelish! It's good to hear from you.

I was wondering which one of our Fuels would be the first to break. I assumed it would be yours since I spend most of my time on another, longer travel, bike. I was wrong.

Good luck finding the bifocals