mtbr member
    May 2006

Fox RP3 Settings

Hello all,

Just got my 2007 ex7 frame replacement, and it came with the Fox RP3 rear shock.

I weigh about 215 with gear and like a firm ride, what PSI should I run the rear shock at?

Also is the propedal setting adjustable? I am assuming the propedal is essentially like the half open setting I had on my 2006 EX7 rear Rock Shox MC3.1?

Thanks in advance everyone.

Cheers

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by XC23
    Hello all,

Just got my 2007 ex7 frame replacement, and it came with the Fox RP3 rear shock.

I weigh about 215 with gear and like a firm ride, what PSI should I run the rear shock at?

Also is the propedal setting adjustable? I am assuming the propedal is essentially like the half open setting I had on my 2006 EX7 rear Rock Shox MC3.1?

Thanks in advance everyone.

Cheers
    The pressure in shocks will be dependent on the riders weight and taste. I think the rough estimate is body weight in PSI. However the proper way to set it is by messsuring the sag.

There are detailed in instructions in the manual on how to do that.

Basically you want to push the o-ring all the way to the top. Get on the bike, using a step or ladder so as not to compress the shock with your mounting. Then sit on the bike, while balancing on a wall, in riding position. Dismount using the step or ladder. Meassure the displacement of the o-ring and find the percentage (displacement/total). That's your sag. I set my rear to 25% which I believe is MFG suggested and front to 15%.

The propedal IS adjustable IF there's a dial that can be pulled out located on top of the propedal setting chooser. It's Red anodized and says 1 -> 2 -> 3 I think.
    My religion is simple. My religion is kindness. - Dali Lama