mtbr member
    May 2006

Fork Selection 2007 EX 7

Hello all,

I recently got a frame replacement/upgrade from trek to the 2007 EX7 frame from my 2006 EX7. I have had the same front fork a Reba Race for almost three seasons now, it is getting a little worse for wear so I am looking to replace it.

I like the travel on the Reba being at 115 mm and am wondering what people would recommend in the 100 - 120 mm range for the 2007 Trek Fuel EX 7 frame, I am considering the fox float but just wondering if there is anything else out there.

In terms of what I want on the fork, I would appreciate external height adjustment and a lockout.

Thanks in Advance

mtbr member
    Only fork I can say for sure that has height adjustment (travel) is the Talas...

My EX8 came with an F130RL, (no adjustment) but is a great fork nonetheless and since my bike is the same geometry as yours, the Talas could be what you are looking for.. 100/120/140 or something like that. Its definitely the right size fork for that frame.
    2013 Cannondale F29 2
    2013 Giant Seek 0
    2010 Specialized SX Trail
    2009 Cannondale Rize 4

mtbr member
    if you're looking to lighten up your rig, get one of the many SID model forks out there. Otherwise, I'd go with FOX if weight isn't a priority

mtbr member
    May 2006
    I am actually looking at the 2008 Fox 32 F120 RLC, it is new this year obviously, it has the lock out and all of the other features I am looking for but it is fixed height at 120 mm, which is pretty close to what I leave the Reba at (115mm). It is also pretty light at a reported 3.56 lbs.

Any thoughts or user reviews on this fork?

Cheers