mtbr member
    Jan 2012

Fork to replace Fox 32 DRCV 150mm

I have had my remedy 9 for over a year now and I must say I'm not completely happy with the DRCV fork and I had looked at getting a full service which would cost about $150. So it got me thinking about a possible replacement, and I noticed good reviews about the RockShox Pike RCT3 150mm solo air fork which would cost about $900.

Money aside I would be interested if anyone had used another fork on their remedy instead of the DRCV and if anyone has some feedback on the RockShox Pike. Also is the E2 tapered steerer of the DRCV the same as the tapered steered of the Rockshox.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    I just switched out my DRCV fork with a Fox 34 160. I only have a couple rides on it and I can already see a huge difference. The pike was my other choice but I was able to get a deal in this which made it very worth it.

mtbr member
    After a year and half on 32 DRCV the damper needed a new bladder and fit service so I used it as an excuse to change the fork. On my list Fox 34 or 36 and the Pike, unfortunately no stock of 26inch wheeled Pike in the UK and after talking about the 34 I was not keen on a CTD fork and then having the same issues as the DRCV with diving. Push are producing a new top cap for the CTD to give high and lo speed compression but why then spend more in Fox can't get it right to start with?

This led my decision to a 36 RC2 Float, the difference is staggering, far more grip and trust in the front end of the bike and I'm just as fast down some of local DH tracks on the Remedy as I am on my DH bike.

Yes there are a bit heavier than than the 34, but the 20mm and seperate high and low speed compression make up for that weight IMO

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    The 36 was not something I had even thought of, glad too see it worked out for you.