mtbr member
    Jun 2006

Fisher Sugar, Klein Adept rear triangle

I have a Klein Adept that the rear triangle cracked. Does anyone know if the rear triangle on a sugar is the same as the adept? They look the same from the pictures that I can find online.

Thanks.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Wow.. my rear traingle on my Adept just cracked as well. I took it in to the shop and the guy said that although they look similar, the sugar triangles are actually a little different. Don't know if they are interchangeable though. Wonder what trek will do with mine...

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    They warrantied my frame for me. What that meant was either a palomino frame or a credit. I went with the credit.
    It is just about impossible to find an adept out on ebay or anywhere. There are a lot of sugars though.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Trek Warranty...sort of

Hmmm. Trek is saying they don't make the swingarm anymore... and they don't consider the swingarm to be part of the frame. So they are only offering me cash and not nearly enough for a new frame. Some lifetime warranty.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    That sounds familiar. Are they offering you a palomino, or are those all gone I wonder? I took the money and got a good deal on a top fuel 110. This was in the spring of the year, and it was a last years model. But I agree you pay $2k for a bike, and they give you a $300 credit. Doesnt seem right.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Palomino's must be all gone. Thing is, I read all these posts about how people got set up by Trek and their warranty with a brand new, even upgraded frame. Can't figure out why they are giving the runaround. Is it just in thier dealings with Klein?

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    I know this is old, but just to add info in case someone else comes along searching with the same question.

I picked up a full frame Sugar with the idea that if the triangle were different, I'd swap all my components off my Adept over to the Sugar. If the triangles were compatible, I'd have a much easier time swapping just that. And sure enough, they are identical.

The link connecting the seat tube to the shock is slightly different in construction, but not in bolt hole spacing. The swap took me about 2 hrs though I'm not heavily experienced with bike repair work, so it could probably be done much quicker.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Thats interesting. Do you think you could post some pictures some time?

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    I took the pics Sunday then forgot to post them. There are some slight differences in the GF and Klein triangle where it connects to the main link in regards to the bushing placement. I snapped pics of both so you can see for yourself. I learned on a ride saturday that I left the "tube" bushing out of the main link, allowing the bolt to slide around in the hole. Fortunately, I kept everything from both the donor frame and mine except the top hat bushings from the Klein triangle, so it was a quick fix to put this back in and get in a good Memorial Day ride.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Cool. Cant wait to see them.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    I know its been a long time but I would like to purchase any cracked or broken adept triangles. I am salvaging parts.