Thread: fisher race day

mtbr member
    Mar 2005

fisher race day

what are your thought about it for XC racing or in general??

80mm front/rear

Sweep the leg!
    The orange one looks faster.
    Authorities speculate that speed may have been a factor. They are also holding gravity and inertia for questioning.

Vaginatarian
    Oct 2005
    I have the pro caliber, Ive been building it up all xtr, Ive got it down to 25.5 lbs
    waiting for new crossmax st wheels -100grams, and weirwolve ust -100grams
    the only thing left is BB & crankset, I currently have raceface which is pretty light so Im not sure if Ill save anymore
    Ive been riding the bike all winter and I like it, Mine was a replacement for a broken sugar so I had my old fork put on (talas 80-120) which is heavier than the sid but the bike handles and grips great

a.k.a. BicycleKicks
    I hope you don't mind me reviving this "old" thread, but it caught my attention...

I saw one of those on the starting line at the Tsali NC SERC race about a month ago and it looked really nice. The one I saw was the blue version, probably the Procaliber?

As long as it's a light and reasonably stiff frame for you it should be an excellent bike. I believe that single pivot suspension designs are underrated and it's a mistake to just assume that multi-pivot is better (but you're not asking that).

I have an Intense Spider, but am currently riding my 2004 Haro XLS R7 with a nice high-end build and am having just as much fun on it. In fact I raced it last weekend and did well on it... I don't think I gave up any time due to the bike. I think the trick that works for me with my Swinger 3-way shock is to set it with a high SPV pressure and a somewhat slow rebound. This settles down the movement so it feels solid, yet I'm getting lots of travel out of the suspenion when I need it.

I've been thinking about single pivot frames that I could replace the Haro with some day in the event that it breaks or something, and the Procaliber is on my short list along with the Cannondale Rush and SC Superlight.

So, my feeling is that the Race Day series should be an excellent choice for your go-to bike.
    I read that on the internet.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    I've got the procaliber and I like it so far. Mine is a large at 26.6 lbs, mostly stock except eggbeater chromes, bontrager race flat bar, REBA team, WTB DEVO carbon, Bontrager cage, Cateye enduro computer and a Hutchinson Bulldog Front tire. I plan to switch to Tubeless when my shop gets the rim strips in, but ther than that I should be done customizing it for now.

Lionel Hutz, Esq.
    Quote Originally Posted by Caffeine Powered
    The orange one looks faster.
    That's ridiculous. It's a scientific fact that red is a faster color than orange.
    2007 Trek Fuel EX 8
    1999 Trek 7000 --- Dragonfly Green = Sexy
    2002 Trek 2100
    2008 Felt New Belgium Cruiser