Fus
    mtbr member
    Nov 2005

Durability of Bontrager Race X Lite Carbon Crankset

Does anyone have experience with the Bontrager Race X Lite Carbon Cranks? How durable are they? I'm an East Coast rider and my local trails are very rocky. I'm not someone that is typically hard on equipment, but usually over a couple of riding seasons the finish gets worn off the tips of my crank arms from hitting rocks that I didn't see. How impact resistant are the carbon fibers, especially on the tips of the crank arms?

monkey's throw poo
    Jun 2004

protectors

Quote Originally Posted by Fus
    Does anyone have experience with the Bontrager Race X Lite Carbon Cranks? How durable are they? I'm an East Coast rider and my local trails are very rocky. I'm not someone that is typically hard on equipment, but usually over a couple of riding seasons the finish gets worn off the tips of my crank arms from hitting rocks that I didn't see. How impact resistant are the carbon fibers, especially on the tips of the crank arms?

these cranks have replacable metal caps over the tip of the crank arm to protect them, they're help on by the pedal, they ride nice and smooth, stiff but a little heavy.
    two six is bet-ta

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    about 40 grams heavier then XTR and about $100 less expensive.

Go for it there is a AL "Spine" inside