mtbr member
    Feb 2006

New question here. DRCV Air leak fix?

Has anyone found a way to fix the air leak from the Schrader valve on the Drcv shocks? I really don't want to send it off to fox and be without a bike for a month. I've already pulled the valve and inspected and greased the o-rings (they look fine) but that hasn't helped.

Zaf
    mtbr member
    Caution!**Do not attempt to service the dual-chamber air valve, or remove and reinstall its core! Doing so will risk causing irreparable damage to the valve, in turn impairing normal shock operation. Any damage to this valve is repairable only by an*Authorized Fox Service Center.

FLOAT RP2, RP23 DRCV

Not the most imaginative reply I know, but in my opinion shocks, and especislly the DRCV ones should be looked at by proffesionals when malfunctions like this occur. Just bite the bullet.

mtbr member
    If it's under warranty send it back. I've burned through 2 of them. first one leaked air overnight the first weekend I had the bike and the "brand new" replacement just blew out a month and a half later. Fox said that they finally had a fix for the issue. It's been 3 months and ton of riding and no problems.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    how much air is everyone with the issues leaking? dramatic or just a few psi over a week?

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    I had this problem on a Ex 8. I had it set at 250psi and within an hour it was back to 200. The LBS said its normal for a new bike, but since it was the second problem I had with the bike in the 3 weeks I owned it I just returned it. Fifteen minutes of riding time in three weeks and I am not happy at the moment. I'm glad I was able to get store credit but now I have no idea which one to choose. A FSB is what I want, but I also don't want anymore issues.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2