mtbr member

Don't see many Remedys around - why is that?

I'm looking for deeper information for the Remedys, specially the 66, but found very little of it. Found only a few owners and threads. I had the chance to ride a Remedy 6, but it was kinda falty 'cause the setup seemed not to fit the bike, giving it a "big" XC feel instead of an all-mountain. The bike had a Vanilla 32 front and a Fox AVA rear.

Wonder what's the real personality of the Remedy. If any owners could express their opinion and share some experience, it would be very appreciated. I planning to buy a long travel all-mountain bike and I'm gathering as much info as possible before I make my decisions.

Thanks a lot!

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    I have one and love it.. I ride this bike for everything xc, fireroad, technical singletrack, and a little downhill and it takes it all in stride.. only complaint i have about it is climbing out of the saddle, seated climbing is great.. but that is going to be a problem on pretty much all 6" travel bikes.. descending on this bike is incredibly fun.. if you are a hardcore xc racer or a freeride dh type guy this is probally not your bike.. but if you want one bike to do everything this is a great choice.. you should go test ride as many bikes as you can and get the one that you like the best..

mtbr member
    Thanks I3erto for your insight. But how does the Remedy handles as an All-Mountain? Does it retain too much of a XC bike feel as I had the impression? I didn't felt it has a very plush rear, but a solid plataform suspension. That's not bad though, but I'd thought since it really is a 6-inch bike, could have a little less stiff rear kickback. And it really come as a surprise to me when you said it's not a out-of-the-saddle machine upwards, because it really seems very capable of it! What are your trail impressions over the suspensions on speed turns and low speed switchbacks? Do they track well with the whole wheel/tire-drivetrain/brakeset system? Are there any flaws or tweaks? Those are too many questions, I know, but that will sure help me to decide, since I came down to three bike to choose from: Remedy 66, Prophet 2 or Enduro/ Enduro SL 150mm, because they are the best brands in therms of warranty and customer service in Brazil. Could consider the Nomad, but SC is not very well represented here, and that means pratically no CS and Warranty.

If you or anybody have pics, please post them here. That would be nice to see some of these bike in shiny color!

mtbr member
    Oct 2003
    Know this is late but................. I have the Remedy 5 model. Totally stoked by it. Might be the combo but I have no problems with the shock, have the swinger 3 way and the black platinum. I have been able to climb well out of the saddle and in the saddle. The SPV works very well. I am much more of a XC type but this bike is a lot more than I thought. My only problem was the stem lenght, I felt too short at 80mm. Switched to a 100mm and the bike feels more livley and handles better. It does switchbacks well and speed turns well. I think the strength in the bike and the series is the downhill. The tires are not great, live in AZ so Bontragors are not a good choice in the desert. For wetter conditions they are fine. The HFX-9 I do like. Pretty simple and have had no issues for a year now. For me I love the sram set up. I have the x7 shifters and rear and deore front. Had xt on my old hardtail and I now prefer the smaller sram set up over shimano.
    Remember this is the tweak from the liquid series. That was popular but had a lot of issues. I think this is a much more solid bike and very undervalued right now.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    So I am probably jumping the gun a bit but I have an 05 session 77 that I really like and I have been finding myself wanting something just a bit lighter and more pedalable which makes mewant to take another look at the remedy. However I have just heard some rumors that trek has some crazy new designs up their sleeves for their 08 bikes. 07 was a big step up over the 06 bikes, most notably with the EX lineup, and after seeing what they're doing with the madone I can only imagine what their new suspension engineers have cooked up....

Guess we'll just have to wait and see, but my money's on some cool new designs from trek in 08.