mtbr member
    Mar 2004

Does anyone own a 2000/2001 Klein Attitude

....if so, I'd be very grateful for some help.

I'm rebuilding a 2000 Attitude Comp frame for a friend. As I have never seen the bike fully built, I'm not sure how the cabling works for the front and rear derailleur cables (both exit from the internal guides near the bottom bracket). I have a plastic cable guide which screws in to the bottom bracket, but this doesn't appear sufficient to guide the rear derailleur cable all the way to the cable guide at the end of the driveside chainstay - am I missing a part or does the chain guide plate also act as a further cable guide so that the cable at least runs along the chainstay?

I'd be very grateful if someone could post some pictures of the undercarriage of their 2001/2000 frame so that I can see how its meant to be look when setup correctly. I built the rest of the bike in 2 evenings, but the cable guide stuff has been holding me up for a couple of weeks now. I'd like to have it all done and dusted as a nice present for when my friend returns from abroad later this week! Thanks for your help.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

No help needed - figured it out!

The internal cable guides needed to cross over inside the tube. This then puts the rear derailleur cable in the correct position to run along the driveside chainstay, using the Bottom Bracket chain guide to keep it in place. Dur!