DaFaJa

Chris King Bling?

I am going to order some stuff for my bike, Wanted to see if any one else has some bling on there Treks??
    Last edited by Corbinworks; 12-28-2012 at 08:54 PM.
    2012 Trek Superfly 100 Carbon/ xx1 / xo type2
    Tampa FL USA

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    I've got some CK/Arch's on the way.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I have two rear wheels, both are black King hubs on black Flow wheels on my SF100 Al Pro. Awesome hubs, just stay on top of bearing preload adjustment during break-in and every now and then there after.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    I am in the process of ordering king hub laced to flow ex for the rear on my ex8.

DaFaJa
    Nice, I am going to order a pewter headset for the SF 100 Pro, The colors will match nice..

Tampa FL USA

mtbr member
    You do know that the headset pictured won't fit into a SF100.

Trek uses an integrated headset in the SF frame.

DaFaJa
    Yeah it was just to show the color...Its just one I found on google...
    Tampa FL USA

DaFaJa
    Looking in to it more, Looks like I would have to use the I4 or I5 set up...if I can only use the I4 I might end up passing on one...
    Tampa FL USA

TXTony

King Bling

Arch Rims with King Hubs...Fuel Ex8

DaFaJa
    Quote Originally Posted by TXTony View Post
    Arch Rims with King Hubs...Fuel Ex8
    Looks good, Found out today CK does not make a head set for the Carbon Superfly ...So I guess I can only get the hubs..
    Tampa FL USA

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Here are a few pics of my Pewter CK Iso Hubs. Some of the build and some after the first ride. I was originally going to go with Red, but loved the pewter when I saw it in person.

I have some matching headset spacers on the way.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    All my spinn-y parts (Hubs, Headset, Bottom Bracket) were King for the last two seasons, not worth the money unless you are trying to impress people. If you really want to impress people, spend that money on a coach and get faster instead.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by evilsjg View Post
    All my spinn-y parts (Hubs, Headset, Bottom Bracket) were King for the last two seasons, not worth the money unless you are trying to impress people. If you really want to impress people, spend that money on a coach and get faster instead.
    Precisely.

DaFaJa
    Quote Originally Posted by evilsjg View Post
    Not trying to impress any one..it is for my own liking, Whats wrong with have a little bling on your bike?
    Tampa FL USA

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Corbinworks View Post
    Not trying to impress any one..it is for my own liking, Whats wrong with have a little bling on your bike?
    Same here. I bought the kings because of all the favorable reviews (10+ yr old kings still rolling strong, low maintenance once broken in etc). That and the fact they are made in the USA.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Corbinworks View Post
    There are other hubs that are lighter, lower maintenance and less costly. _ALL_ you get with the King's is bling. Don't get me wrong, they are a very nicely made hub, but their somewhat mythical reputation is hardly deserved. Get over your fixation on shiny things -- then have your cake and eat it too.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012

Hmmm, sounds like your pretty young!! I remember being that judgmental and arrogant at a young age too! Even though your statement has some merit, you could use some tact in your delivery!!

I just picked up a set of hadley's hubs at a pretty good price. I could of bought a cheap set of xt hubs for my SS and whooped plenty of rider's in my class too. But I plan on keeping these hubs for a long time and wanted to spend the money up front on quality!! Best part, I will be able to whoop a lot of riders and look good doing it!!!

noob
    i enjoy every penny i spent on a ck/crest wheelset. i could have gone with a complete stans set and saved $400 or so but im happy with what i got and wouldnt change a thing. the wheels look good and have many many years of reliability ahead of them.
    2007 Fisher Rig
    2011 Trek Paragon
    2013 Trek Madone 2.1