mtbr member
    Feb 2006

Carbon Fuel Rockerlink

has anyone gotten this put on their fuel yet? I am slightly interested in it, but I can't find any specs on weight on neither the carbon nor the stock rockerlinks.

I'm trying to get my 19.5" EX9 down to 25#. Its 29 right now

Quote Originally Posted by Peith
    has anyone gotten this put on their fuel yet? I am slightly interested in it, but I can't find any specs on weight on neither the carbon nor the stock rockerlinks.

Unneeded/overpriced (unless $$$ is no object )....save weight elsewhere (tires/tubes/wheels weight savings have a major effect on bike "liveliness" )

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Peith

I could be mis-informed, but I thought I read somehere that the carbon rocker link (found on EX 9.5) has a slightly different shape designed to provide a little firmer rear suspension. I dunno if that makes sense or not, but the shape is different.

I have a carbon rocker on my old Fuel 100. I don't particularly like it. First one cracked (warranty). I am afraid to tighten the pivots too much on the new one in fear that it too might crack.

Besides, I doubt that the difference in weight between aluminum and carbon will on the rocker contribute much to the 4 pounds you are looking to lose...

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I doubt also that the carbon rocker link will save much in the way of weight; in regards to being afraid to tighten the pivot bolts too much just use a torque wrench.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    To the best of my knowledge a carbon rocker is not available for the EX line. The 9.5 does not have one either. Only the Top Fuel 110 comes with the carbon rocker for 2006.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by PointBoy
    I doubt also that the carbon rocker link will save much in the way of weight; in regards to being afraid to tighten the pivot bolts too much just use a torque wrench.
    I use my torque wrench on everything but the pivot bolts. If you tighten them down to the torque Trek specifies, the rear end will not even move. Literally. It's ridiculous.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by pktrekguy
    To the best of my knowledge a carbon rocker is not available for the EX line. The 9.5 does not have one either. Only the Top Fuel 110 comes with the carbon rocker for 2006.

hey thats a good call, i didn't think about that