mtbr member
    Mar 2005

Can't use Lock on Grips on Race XXX Lite OS Carbon Flat?

Hi Everyone,

while changing my handle bar over to the Bontrager Race XXX Lite OS Carbon Flat, I suddenly realised that the diameter of the ends of the bar are actually smaller than usual. I did a quick comparison with the Raceface Next LP Riser I had and the difference is pretty noticable. The next thing I found out was that my new ODI Rogue Lock On grips can't 'lock on'! Even with the clamps tighten to their limits, the grips still slide around.

Any of you with similar experience?

mtbr member
    May 2005
    I had the same problem. I actually wrapped with the clamp areas with a couple of layers of packaging tape. It works great, but it is a ghetto fix.

Warrior's Society
    Quote Originally Posted by sdchew
    Hi Everyone,

while changing my handle bar over to the Bontrager Race XXX Lite OS Carbon Flat, I suddenly realised that the diameter of the ends of the bar are actually smaller than usual. I did a quick comparison with the Raceface Next LP Riser I had and the difference is pretty noticable. The next thing I found out was that my new ODI Rogue Lock On grips can't 'lock on'! Even with the clamps tighten to their limits, the grips still slide around.

Any of you with similar experience?
    I was under the assumption that you can't run lock on grips on any carbon bar.....easton, etc.

mtnbikej