Get out of town!

Cake 2 Head Tube length?

I am possibly selling a for to a guy that owns a Cake 2. The steerer tube is 6.5 inches approximately and he wants to know if it will fit his Cake. I know set up preference has a lot to do with it but I would like a little information to pass back to him so he can make the decision.

2005 or 2006 models if the HT length is any different would be helpful. Thanks!
    "You can't discern by calculating in your mind how it will work. You have to feel how it rides differently to understand."

Double-metric mtb man
    There is a thread a little ways down...

steerer tube for Cake

that deals with steerer tube lengths. The stock forks had roughly 8.5" (220mm) steerer tubes. I've got about an inch of spacers in mine (30 mm), and that's all the room I've got.
    As if four times wasn't enough-> Psycho Mike's 2013 Ride to Conquer Cancer Page

Moran? Let your opinion be free -> F88me

Get out of town!
    Probably wouldn't fit his bike then (8.5" is what is exposed from the fork crown right)? Weird because this came off of a medium Jamis. Anyway, the deal didn't go through. He probably didn't appreciate how thorough I was trying to be but I sensed it would have ultimately been a waste of my time. He wanted to try it and if it didn't work send it back... If it doesn't sell on ebay I will post it cheaper in the mtbr classifieds.
    "You can't discern by calculating in your mind how it will work. You have to feel how it rides differently to understand."